First-time buyer/investor in CT looking to learn

First-time buyer/investor in CT looking to learn

New to Real Estate 路 CT 路 Member since 2021 路 2 posts 路 10 votes

Hi all,

I am new to the real estate investing game and have recently begun learning as much as I can through reading books, listening to podcasts, and watching YouTube videos. I am starting to look to invest in real estate to achieve financial freedom like many of you. 

My main purpose in posting this is to just introduce myself to fellow investors in the area (I live in the SE CT area, looking to invest/live in the central CT area) and seek connections and resources to learn as much as I can about real estate investing in general as well as grow my network in the area. 

From reading through this forum, it seems like many of you are suggesting that Manchester and New Britain may be towns in which good deals can be found with positive cash flow with the possibility of future appreciation. I plan on taking this feedback and looking into these areas more.

As noted above, I am looking to make connections in the area and learn as much as I can in order to have a successful first experience in real estate. Please let me know if you would like to connect or if there are any groups in the area that I could join.

Thanks for all of your help and I look forward to connecting with you!

Best,

Jake 

9Reply
71 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor 路 Bridgeport, CT 路 Member since 2021 路 8 posts 路 8 votes
5y

Hey 馃憢, you should also reach out to Ron Faraci the owner of CTREIA. Taking there Multifamily corse and attending there meetings will sky rocket you forward. I have made invaluable connections that have allowed me to move forward, pick a farm area confidently, chose the class of tenant to target. I can鈥檛 recommend them enough. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to DM me anytime  

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor 路 Groton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 97 posts 路 28 votes
    5y

    @Jacob Slomski welcome to BP!  We actually have a SE CT group, and we meet monthly which is currently through Zoom.  I will send you the info if you're interested :).

  • Bob ReinhardBusiness Member
    Lender 路 Patterson, NY 路 Member since 2017 路 488 posts 路 186 votes
    5y

    @Jacob Slomski

    Welcome to the start of your real estate journey

    Reach out with any questions. My contact info is in my profile, somewhere at the bottom.

    Much syccess!

    Bob

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Bridgeport, CT 路 Member since 2021 路 8 posts 路 8 votes
    5y

    Hey 馃憢, you should also reach out to Ron Faraci the owner of CTREIA. Taking there Multifamily corse and attending there meetings will sky rocket you forward. I have made invaluable connections that have allowed me to move forward, pick a farm area confidently, chose the class of tenant to target. I can鈥檛 recommend them enough. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to DM me anytime  

  • New to Real Estate 路 CT 路 Member since 2021 路 2 posts 路 10 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Jaclyn P., @Bob Reinhard, @Sept Jones! Looking forward to working with you all in the future

  • Michael DohertyBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent 路 West Hartford, CT 路 Member since 2016 路 449 posts 路 476 votes
    5y

    Hey @Jacob Slomski congrats on getting started. I grew up in New London County (Waterford) and now reside in West Hartford but still visit home frequently. There is definitely more inventory up this way and I would say a better opportunity for cash flow if that is your main goal. You can still find some good deals in New London but you really need to be looking at off market stuff. The majority of my portfolio is in New Britain, which is a good town for inventory and cash flow.. although inventory everywhere right now is low. Let me know if I can be of any help along your journey! 

  • Attorney 路 Bridgeport, CT 路 Member since 2021 路 32 posts 路 25 votes
    5y

    Hi Jacob, welcome to BP! I'm also new to real estate investing and am hoping to close on my first house hack soon. These forums have been invaluable to me, and I have been able to meet some other great folks in CT with the same mindset we have. Feel free to reach out with any questions you might have. Dig into the forums and don't be afraid to post questions.

  • Investor 路 North Stonington, CT 路 Member since 2014 路 393 posts 路 228 votes
    5y

    @Jacob Slomski Welcome to BP and to the world of real estate investing. We just had a zoom meeting last night for real estate investors in New London County. I have a couple buildings in New London and a couple in Mystic. If you would like to join the email list for the meetings, feel free to send me a PM with your email address. 

  • Property Manager 路 Windsor Locks, CT 路 Member since 2016 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome to BP @Jacob Slomski! 

    There's a few "regulars" here that you will see often, and new members joining everyday. I work the central/north central CT area as both a property manager and licensed agent and specialize in tenant management / placement. 

    Reach out anytime, I'd be happy to share with you a bit about myself, and how rentals ultimately got me to quit my full time job. 

    And yes, I agree. Manchester and New Britain are great starting points...when there's inventory! Things are tight right now, and it's not just in Connecticut. 

    Seriously, reach out sometime and stick around for a while!

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Hartford, CT 路 Member since 2020 路 36 posts 路 32 votes
    5y

    Welcome @Jacob Slomski! You'll see that there have been some great discussions about Central Connecticut investment options, and just like @Filipe Pereira said, you'll see some repeat names that will make their preferences known! I'm a licensed Realtor out of Glastonbury, that spends most of my time around Hartford County, so I'd be glad to connect. There are other folks on here with more experience, but I'm not afraid of putting in the legwork and certainly spend a lot of time in and out of properties in the area. While I've been tied up for the last couple months working on another "project", I'm always looking for a good investment myself. 

    Anytime you want to connect, or even if you want someone else's opinion on a property you're looking at, drop me a line. Glad to help any way I can. 

  • Lender 路 Member since 2021 路 277 posts 路 150 votes
    5y

    Hi @Jacob Slomski

    Welcome to BP! I am an investor in Fairfield, CT. I have met a few friends through BP that invest in Middletown, Meriden, New Britain, etc. I would love to connect.

  • Property Manager 路 CT 路 Member since 2014 路 687 posts 路 329 votes
    5y

    Hi @Jacob Slomski, as an investor, you need to know your numbers, cold.

    Whether you hire out everything or are more involved, plan from the beginning to be able to step away from the business if you need to.

    That requires careful analysis of the property BEFORE you buy, to determine if it meets your financial goals AFTER including all expenses.

    If any turn key company sends you a cashflow analysis without at least TIMMUR:

    1. Taxes,

    2. Insurance,

    3. Management,

    4. Maintenance,

    5. Utilities,

    5. Repairs

    Then run for the hills.

    In Bridgeport, Connecticut and many North East regions we also include Snow Removal and Pest control.

    Explore all markets but do your research, as to where net migration and jobs are heading.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    -Craig 

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Westchester, NY 路 Member since 2021 路 77 posts 路 35 votes
    5y

    @Jaclyn P.

    I鈥檇 love that info for your meet up too. Do you know when you鈥檒l get back in person?

  • Mary PietronutoPro Member
    Fairfield County, CT 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 1 vote
    5y

    @Jaclyn P. Would love to join the SE CT Group! About to close on my first property in Fairfield, CT :)

    Thanks!!

  • Investor 路 Groton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 97 posts 路 28 votes
    5y

    @Mary Pietronuto @Shanna Vataj I will send you a message, we have a zoom meeting coming up on the 30th I can give you the info for. We had an in person meeting in April, and I鈥檓 sure we鈥檒l have more soon.

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Westchester, NY 路 Member since 2021 路 77 posts 路 35 votes
    5y

    @Jaclyn P.

    Thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Stonington, CT 路 Member since 2021 路 5 posts 路 0 votes
    5y

    @Jaclyn P. I would be love to join the SE CT group also

  • Member since 2021 路 16 posts 路 1 vote
    5y

    Just moved back to CT after living abroad for 6 years and have started exploring investing in real estate back home, would love to connect with you all!

    I'm specifically looking to house hack a multi-family, so I'd love to hear how your journey is going so far @Tracy Opoku!

    @Jaclyn P. I'd also love to get added to the SE CT group :)))

  • Investor 路 CT 路 Member since 2021 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    5y

    Hope you're making connections and learning @Jacob Slomski - BP has been great and several CT members here have been so helpful to me. I live in SW CT and just closing on my first multi-unit property near New Haven. Wishing you luck and keep in touch!

  • Investor 路 Groton, CT 路 Member since 2015 路 97 posts 路 28 votes
    5y

    @Mary Pietronuto @Shanna Vataj @Keith Sheridan @Krystian Kucharzyk @Jacob Slomski here is the facebook group we have: https://www.facebook.com/group...

    If you want to be added to the email list, contact @Mat O'Grady

    I look forward to meeting everyone!

  • Investor 路 New Hartford, CT 路 Member since 2016 路 282 posts 路 104 votes
    5y

    Welcome to BP - I am a little bit out of your market but I am happy to connect with you! Just let me know. 

  • New to Real Estate 路 Southern CT 路 Member since 2023 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    10mo

    @Jaclyn P. Hi, I am a bit late to this forum, I am interest in receiving info for your monthly zoom meetings.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.