Lawyer in FL with Solo 401K and State License(Not RE agent) exp.

7 Replies

I just bought a 9 unit building in the City of Daytona Beach, and I need a lawyer who understands what is needed to get the State License and Occupational Licenses for my Solo 401K Trust. The State and City people cannot give me advice, and I am not sure if I have to open another LLC in Florida, or what, and the forms I have received don't seem to make sense for my purchase.

Thank you so much.

Mark

P.S. in another thread someone mentioned a lawyer named Harold, and I contacted their offices and they do not handle this type of issue.

Hello @Mark Spritz :

Drop me a PM.  I will be happy to chat and maybe help.

Thanks,

Bob

Mark,

can you please clarify, did you buy this property in your Solo 401k Trust?

I can refer you to an attorney but am curious what exactly do you need?

Dmitriy, yes through my Solo 401K Trust.

Today I was able to find out how to fill out the State License PDF for transferring the current Business License to my Trust and get the fees. I think when that is finished with the State that I then have to go to the City of Daytona Beach and get an Occupational License, either created or transferred like the Business License for the property. I also sent Bob a PM.

Thanks for the quick responses

Mark

What do you mean "transfer current business license to my trust"? From you personally? 

Linda Schoonover was a judge and is now an attorney and a realtor.  She works in real estate law as well as trusts and probate.  I don't know if she can help you, but you can pm me for her contact information.

Originally posted by @Dmitriy Fomichenko :

What do you mean "transfer current business license to my trust"? From you personally? 

Previous owner that I bought the property from. They have the license for the property at the state from the Hotels and Restaurants Licensing department which also does Non-Transient Apartment buildings above 4 units. So that license is good till April 2017 and it is a transfer from the old owner to my Solo 401K.

Mark

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here