Evicting a sect. 8 tenant from a rental I purchased.

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2018 · 228 posts · 279 votes
    5y

    Hi Tony - you have to follow whatever your lease says as well as any local laws that would supersede.  I have heard of laws in some states that have a different requirement notice for tenants receiving assistance but here in MO, we have to follow state laws and our own lease just like they're market tenants.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brunswick, GA · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    Hi Jennfier. 

    Thankfully the tenant was month to month so I will only have to send her a certified letter letting her know the lease will not be renewed. She has agreed to be out just before the 60 days expire so it worked out fine. 

    Thanks for the info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.