Skip to content
Illinois Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Andres Felipe Alba Hernandez
  • Illinois
Votes |
How facebook DataCenter in Dekalb will impact the house market?

Andres Felipe Alba Hernandez
  • Illinois
Posted Jul 1 2020, 10:28

Hello!

Facebook is building a new Data Center close to DeKalb Il in 2022, I believe that it will improve the appreciation of that are but my hypothesis is that it will improve even more the appreciation of Geneva, St Charles, and Batavia. The reason is that these towns have more restaurant offers better schools than DeKalb and they are even closer to Chicago downtown. The driving distance between the new facility and Geneva is about 20-25 min, not crazy? I would like to hear more comments about the impact of a Data Center facility. If people move to Dekalb the driving time can be as close as 5-15 min driving but the restaurants, schools, etc is way more limited than in the other suburbs and the distance to the city of Chicago is way more and with no train option while Elburn, St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia will have train options to the city, good schools, more entertainment offer.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-facebook-building-data-center-dekalb-20200630-ev6esvgobfcnpki4h3atjv4hky-story.html

Let me know your ideas.

Loading replies...