Fort Polk/Alexandria/Lake Charles LA

Fort Polk/Alexandria/Lake Charles LA

Fort Polk, LA · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 14 votes

Hey BP Community,


I’m wondering if anyone here is in the Fort Polk/Alexandria/Lake Charles Area. I’m looking to find someone else with the same interests as I or is this just an untouched market?? 

0Reply
41 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 48 votes
6y

Market in Calcasieu Parish has been ferociously bought for the past five years due to a rush by investors to capitalize on the temporary worker boom brought about by the construction of new LNG facilities.

Now that is done and only one new LNG plant being built in Cameron so we lost over 5,000 rental units of demand in less than six months of 2019.

In next two years we will see numerous bankruptcy auctions by local Sheriff as over extended landlords are forced to liquidate.

Many Sheriff auctions are going unbid right now as we discover the new floor or price per sqft for medium and low income housing.

DISCLOSURE:  I am a tax deed investor and waiting out the market from that perspective.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 48 votes
    6y
    Hello, this market is not internet integrated.  

    Maybe I can find the right person for you, what are your interests in real estate?  
  • Fort Polk, LA · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    @Reuben Gathright

    Thanks for the reply, I figured as much! I'm looking for any kind of REI meet ups in the area to attend but haven't found anyone around here who hold the same interests as I. My main interests in real estate are in buy and hold investing. Any direction you point me in is much appreciated!

  • Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    Market in Calcasieu Parish has been ferociously bought for the past five years due to a rush by investors to capitalize on the temporary worker boom brought about by the construction of new LNG facilities.

    Now that is done and only one new LNG plant being built in Cameron so we lost over 5,000 rental units of demand in less than six months of 2019.

    In next two years we will see numerous bankruptcy auctions by local Sheriff as over extended landlords are forced to liquidate.

    Many Sheriff auctions are going unbid right now as we discover the new floor or price per sqft for medium and low income housing.

    DISCLOSURE:  I am a tax deed investor and waiting out the market from that perspective.

  • Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    @Omar Diaz Here is the link to Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Sales, mostly foreclosures.  Note starting bid is not always shown and may be less than writ amount.

    http://208.180.188.69/SheriffS...

  • Fort Polk, LA · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    @Reuben Gathright

    I’m a little late on this post but thank you so much for the information you’ve given me! 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Anacoco, LA · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Omar Diaz I just moved to Vernon parish in January. I know this is late post but I'm also looking for meetups in the central Louisiana area. Let me know if you're still interested.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.