Investor friendly title company in Maryland

Most Popular Reply

Ned CareyPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y

@Jasmine Wilborne I agree with most of the above.  The ones Ian mentioned are pretty much my regulars. These are also the ones used by most investors I know. I would add Anthony Onwuanibe. I think all of his business is investor business.  @Mike Kulnich  I don't know Kevin at Colony Title but maybe I should.

Regarding King title, He is one of the very best. Many hard money lender insist on using him or at least having him prepare the loan docs. However i have found he does not like creative deals. He knows them, understands them but just doesn't want to take the risk of insuring creative deals. He will not insure properties we have acquired via tax sale for example. I have great respect for him but we don't use him.

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Owings Mills, MD · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Hello Katrina ,here's investor friendly title company ,cole title ,in the book 

    Kind regards, Michael 

  • Investor · Lutherville Timonium, MD · Member since 2013 · 1 post · 3 votes
    9y

    Hello Katrina, Dulaney Title and Escrow in Towson,Md. is very investor friendly. Ask for Andrew Miller.

  • Investor · Gwynn Oak, MD · Member since 2010 · 115 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    I would have to concur with Rodney.. Dulaney Title & Escrow. I have been working with Drew for a while now and he is also extremely knowledgeable and looks out for you to make sure everything is done correctly. He has your best interest in mind. Also, you might want to check out Eagle Premier Title in downtown Baltimore -Canton. Ask for Jennifer. Continued success to you..

  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    Hello Katrina,

    I use Tia Gaymon of Olympus Title. They are investor friendly and very knowledgeable about the industry. Let he know Nillion sent you. I agree with @Account Closed who has so much experience as an investor.

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 25 votes
    9y

    King Title 

  • Wholesaler · Centreville, VA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Thank you all for the recommendations, very helpful 

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    Thank you everyone for posting and updating this thread. 

    I was looking for something just like this! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 247 posts · 321 votes
    7y

    I've used clearview title, dulaney title, masters title, premier eagle, and cohen and forman, all specialize and work with investors in Baltimore, and I would recommend them all since i've closed with them personally.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 278 posts · 156 votes
    7y

    I used Cohen and Forman Lawfirm in Baltimore for a property I got at auction.

  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    Kevin at Colony Title Group has handled my previous investment properties and is handling a current deal for me now. Always great to work with and understands the investment industry. 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Jasmine Wilborne I agree with most of the above.  The ones Ian mentioned are pretty much my regulars. These are also the ones used by most investors I know. I would add Anthony Onwuanibe. I think all of his business is investor business.  @Mike Kulnich  I don't know Kevin at Colony Title but maybe I should.

    Regarding King title, He is one of the very best. Many hard money lender insist on using him or at least having him prepare the loan docs. However i have found he does not like creative deals. He knows them, understands them but just doesn't want to take the risk of insuring creative deals. He will not insure properties we have acquired via tax sale for example. I have great respect for him but we don't use him.

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Ned Carey THANK YOU SO MUCH. I appreciate this and have bookmarked the page for review. Thanks Ned! 

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 82 votes
    7y

    If you stick with big places, you wont get hurt. Small shops tend to come and go, and/or dont knownwhat they are doing. Use the legit place with the lowest fees, and use one against the other to lower them. Title insurance is a joke. The title companies get a 80+% kickback on the insurance premium cost to you from the title insurance issuer because the premium retention after claims industry wide in title insurance is 95%!!!! In all the other major insurances its 45%!!!! Aka, nobody ever makes a claim!!! Joke!

  • MD · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I'm in the Owings Mills area and use Resource Title, LLC located in Owings Mills ask for Mark.

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ian Barnes:

    I've used clearview title, dulaney title, masters title, premier eagle, and cohen and forman, all specialize and work with investors in Baltimore, and I would recommend them all since i've closed with them personally.

     Thanks Ian Barnes.  This is a great list.  We've closed with 3 of the 5 and agree.

    Stephanie

  • Bowie, MD · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    You, guys, are amazing with your response. Thank you I bookmarked it as well. Thanks, Ned

  • Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Bookmarked as well! Thanks a lot.

  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rodney Mitchell:

    Hello Katrina, Dulaney Title and Escrow in Towson,Md. is very investor friendly. Ask for Andrew Miller.

    Hello, I want to find a similar title company in MD20603
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.