Approx how much capital is needed to get started in Detroit mkt?

Approx how much capital is needed to get started in Detroit mkt?

Southfield, MI · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 8 votes

Hello all.  I would like to do my first deal this year (well, my first deal in over 20 years anyway).  I plan to buy and flip a house in Detroit.  Plan to purchase with cash or do 20% down and finance the purchase (my preferred method would be to pay cash).  The rehab, however, I am looking to finance.  At this point, everything is just in the planning stage and I have been out of the market for a long time, just trying to get a feel for how much I will need to get started.  Thanks!

0Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Ann Arbor & MetroDetroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Happy New Year, Eddie!

    I am a local Realtor, I am happy to create a portal for you so you can get familiarized with the current inventory.

    Are you looking only in downtown Detroit, or also surrounding cities, including Farmington/Southfield areas? What is your ideal budget? Detroit itself has some of the cheapest homes, but would also require the most rehab.

    Cheers,

    Iryna King

  • Southfield, MI · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Hi @Iryna King.  I am not looking in the downtown area, that is way out of my budget.  There is a guy that I know that over the last three has purchased 27 houses in Detroit.  He said that his average price was 10k (although I forgot to ask him how much he put into them for rehab).  He said that he only lost money on two of the deals.  I am looking to do something like that.  Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.