Glass Block Window Replacement

4 Replies

Does anyone or have experience with replacing a glass block window?   We have one that is leaking and I've never done one and would really like to have someone replace it.  

The house is in Ypsilanti, so close to Livonia, Novi, Northville, Canton, Plymouth, South Lyon, Westland, and Ann Arbor.

It's a very challenging job as it's like tile work, but more complicated because it's glass. Unless you can find a glass block to match, it's just never going to match. I have some as a wall in my home and I'm waiting for the day as to when I can smash it and install something else. Hopefully someone else has had a more optimistic experience than I have, but they just are a challenging product.

So should I be replacing it with a regular window? I'm no stranger to tile work.  Is this something I'll have to do myself?

Originally posted by @Tom Olszewski :

Does anyone or have experience with replacing a glass block window?   We have one that is leaking and I've never done one and would really like to have someone replace it.  

The house is in Ypsilanti, so close to Livonia, Novi, Northville, Canton, Plymouth, South Lyon, Westland, and Ann Arbor.

Hey Tom, u know I do everything.. lol

Why didn't u text me? 

😁😁

Almost did... 

It's been awhile since I've been on and weren't sure you were around.  PM on the way!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.