Minneapolis REIA

Most Popular Reply

Investor/Consultant · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 6 votes
11y

I was wondering the same thing.   Has anyone heard of any BP focued groups in the Twin Cities... focusing on more on learning/sharing vs. hype?  If not, would folks be interested in something like this?

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Eagan, MN · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 58 votes
    9y

    I was a member for a while.  It's a great networking place.  I took a short-sale and foreclosure class with Mike Jacka.  There were always a few bird doggers and deals being peddled.

    If nothing else, you get a different perspective.

  • Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2016 · 116 posts · 12 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jerad Gardner:

    Sean Blomquist hey there I am interested in attending the meetings as well, could you send me a pm with the info?

     Jared you can go to their website and look at their calendar for meeting info, time and place. It is http://www.pinefinancialgroup.com

    The next meeting is 1/10/2017 @ 6 pm at Grumpy's bar and grill. I have been to one of their meetings and it was informative!

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Pauline Misiak thank you!!

  • Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2016 · 116 posts · 12 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jerad Gardner:

    @Pauline Misiak thank you!!

    Anytime  

  • Ryan TulejaPro Member
    Redmond, OR · Member since 2017 · 98 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    Hey all,

    I'm new to BP, fairly new to Minnesota and looking to buy my first property. I would love to attend any local meetups. I'll follow some of the links and reach out to you, @Sean Blomquist to see if you have any events coming up in my area.

  • Sean BlomquistPro Member
    Lender · Blaine, MN · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 131 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Tuleja feel free to send me an email and I'll shoot you some info.

  • Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2016 · 116 posts · 12 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Tuleja:

    Hey all,

    I'm new to BP, fairly new to Minnesota and looking to buy my first property. I would love to attend any local meetups. I'll follow some of the links and reach out to you, @Sean Blomquist to see if you have any events coming up in my area.

     MNREIA meets on the first Tuesday of every month. 

    Just google MNRIEA for more info. 

    There is a meeting today and you can PM me if you need the details.

  • Ryan TulejaPro Member
    Redmond, OR · Member since 2017 · 98 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    Thank you, @Pauline Misiak. I'm actually heading out to look at a property tonight, but I'll definitely get out to next months meeting!

  • Real Estate Broker · Hugo, MN · Member since 2016 · 688 posts · 596 votes
    9y
    I would be interested, in these meetings. We are real estate agents that currently work on the commercial multifamily side, I want to learn every bit of knowledge I can to help my investors.
  • Rental Property Investor · St Paul, MN · Member since 2013 · 91 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    For anyone interested in local meetups in Minnesota

    If you look for real estate related groups on meetup.com you will find something like 20 of them in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area. Most groups have their info and meetings there - although TwinREIA is moving to facebook and discontinuing use of meetup.com

  • Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Sean Blomquist are you still hosting meet ups in the twin cities?
  • Sean BlomquistPro Member
    Lender · Blaine, MN · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 131 votes
    9y

    @Joseph Williams yes, we are still getting together the 2nd Tuesday of every month.

  • Ryan TulejaPro Member
    Redmond, OR · Member since 2017 · 98 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    @Sean Blomquist I went to last Tuesdays meeting. It was my first time at a REIA and it was very informative, thanks for putting that on.

  • Bloomington, MN · Member since 2009 · 107 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    I went to mnreia when it started 2002 to 2007 and invited probably over 100 easily over the years.  Networking is great.

  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Update @Dan Coleman has a BP meetup.  Not sure if he had it when he posted but I went to one and got much more value  & liked the vibe more than the MNREIA.  I will remain a MNREIA member.  The Home Depot discounts are worth membership.  The small groups are also good.  The large meetings are....Meh

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hey everyone, was just looking at the meetups that MnREIA has and saw that there will be a wholesaling 101 event with Mike Jacka happening on February 5th. I am very interested in going but I would like to know if it is worth it for the $99 that you have to pay if you are not a member. Has anyone been to this specific meetup in the past? Is it purely instruction or are there opportunities to network as well? I went to a similar meetup when I was living in Indianapolis and there were both cash buyers and experienced wholesalers there, is that typically the case here? Or is it mostly new wholesalers or people who are interested in it? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.