My new Favorite way to do CRP's in MN

My new Favorite way to do CRP's in MN

Tim SwierczekPro Member
Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Holy Cow! I'm so happy. We have been averaging more than 70 CRPs the last few years and I met @Dominic Scheck.  I went from spending hours to a few minutes filling out Certificates of Rent Paid.  Those of you who see my posts often know I'm happy to share awesome services and if you hate doing CRPs or don't have the time you should reach out to Dominic.

PS- just so it's not all about Dominic you can use this link to get all the information and documents you need to do them yourself 
https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/crp-information-landlords

PPS- If you are a new landlord you must send these to your tenants by 1/31/2020

Keywords Minneapolis, Saint Paul, St Cloud, Rochester, MN

  

6Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 15 votes
6y

Hey Guys, I am pretty new so excuse my ignorance. The form you need to fill out and send looks pretty simple (name, address, rent paid for the year). I assume it's only simple and quick because I only have to do 2 (already on pace for more next year).....70 would be a long tedious job. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something else in this process. Also, I'm guessing the common rental management software of today doesn't do this so readily because it seems to only be MN that requires this?

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Twin Cities, MN · Member since 2019 · 122 posts · 150 votes
    6y

    @Tim Swierczek

    We just finished ours. Horrible. Every year.

  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    OP
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Account Closed I feel you.  I dread it every year.

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Hey Guys, I am pretty new so excuse my ignorance. The form you need to fill out and send looks pretty simple (name, address, rent paid for the year). I assume it's only simple and quick because I only have to do 2 (already on pace for more next year).....70 would be a long tedious job. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something else in this process. Also, I'm guessing the common rental management software of today doesn't do this so readily because it seems to only be MN that requires this?

  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    OP
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Ivan Widman I agree it’s not a difficult form to fill out and with two units it’s no big deal. The issues come when you have many people per unit combined with turnover or even a rent increase then multiply that by several units and it becomes work to figure out the dates of residency, amount paid, etc. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Ah yes I can see how that could be quite the mess with many units. So then I’m back to it would be nice if cozy, stessa or whatever app supported this. I have tenant and lease info in there already and the app sees rent paid so should be simple for them. Future enhancement I’ll just hope they add I guess...

  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    OP
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Ivan Widman cozy’s report has made it easier but you may notice it basically buried all the information you need when he lease ends.  So, easy for active leases but not so easy once a lease has ended. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Great info, Tim. Something I’ll have to keep in mind as I get more units and tenants throughout the year. 

  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    OP
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Ivan Widman one solution is to record the information as the unit changes over but I never seem to do that :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.