Bozeman, MT · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 4 votes
I need investor connections and relationships in and around Bozeman MT. I would like to start a Real Estate investment company. As a finance major I love running CAP numbers, cash flows, and returns. I have some time and money to invest, my family owns a construction company, and I love Bozeman.
I would like to start small with a DuPlex or even R3 zoned houses with in-law apartments that we can VBRO. (Which I can manage).
I recently facilitated construction on a 13 unit condominium project in the Bozeman area. This will be my first lager complex that I'll be working on start to finish. I'm excited to learn more about developments, the construction process, and true return.
Investor · Great Falls, MT · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 132 votes
9y
Buying anything in Bozeman makes no short term sense right now so I agree building is the right angle. But I think Bozeman has plenty of luxury condos on-line right now and will eventually over-build. I think the huge demand is for affordable housing be it affordable SFH or apartments. I'd be interested in something a long those lines.
Specialist · Bozeman, MT · Member since 2016 · 237 posts · 153 votes
9y
I run a vacation rental in town in R4 zoning, and was looking to invest in property. I would love to throw some money into the pot if you get something going.
I would like to have an active role in any planning as well, not just some passing investment. Let me know if you run into any others!
Investor · Belgrade, MT · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
9y
Hi Kyle,
I live in the Bozeman area but invest all over Montana, Indiana and Georgia at the current time with buy and holds and flips. It's probably a little different than what you are doing but I would like to discuss an opportunity with you if you have the time?
Flipper/Rehabber · Crown Point, IN · Member since 2009 · 482 posts · 216 votes
9y
Kyle, Misty, Anthony and Michael,
I'm not sure how I ran across this forum, but obviously I did. So what's going on in Montana that makes a lot of people want to throw money down? I'm not familiar with the RE world out there. I work with long distance investors and provide them with properties in Indiana. I have a rehab crew, property manager and a realtor for flipping. I offer investors a "complete" package, that allows them to invest outside of their area. We take care of everything. So if I can help you invest in Indiana, PM me and we can talk further. I hope all of you Montana folks have great success!
Investor · Great Falls, MT · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 132 votes
9y
Buying anything in Bozeman makes no short term sense right now so I agree building is the right angle. But I think Bozeman has plenty of luxury condos on-line right now and will eventually over-build. I think the huge demand is for affordable housing be it affordable SFH or apartments. I'd be interested in something a long those lines.
Missoula, MT · Member since 2016 · 163 posts · 55 votes
9y
@George N. Just from a long time renters point of view. I have to say that 1 bedroom apartments are nearly impossible to find and afford in Bozeman.
One bedroom apartments might have some high turn over rates but you could be looking at charging upwards of $800+ for a 500 sq ft apartment.
The town is just saturated with 2 to 4 bedroom units, it wouldn't be a bad idea to target the college population with new affordable one bedroom units.
Investor · Manhattan, MT · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 8 votes
9y
Last month the New York post had an article on 15 best places to live in the U.S....Bozeman was #1 on that list. I think both the population and the housing costs will continue to go up. I agree with George on affordable housing. The people that are from here can barely afford to live here now.
Investor · Butte, MT · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
9y
Kyle I'd be interested in investing in Bozeman. Currently I've been investing in Butte. But long term I suspect Bozeman will have a more secure ecomony and growth.
I'm not sure how I ran across this forum, but obviously I did. So what's going on in Montana that makes a lot of people want to throw money down? I'm not familiar with the RE world out there. I work with long distance investors and provide them with properties in Indiana. I have a rehab crew, property manager and a realtor for flipping. I offer investors a "complete" package, that allows them to invest outside of their area. We take care of everything. So if I can help you invest in Indiana, PM me and we can talk further. I hope all of you Montana folks have great success!
As a property manager, I've had zero vacancy for 10 years now. As long as growth continues, Bozeman will still face a shortage of housing. That's my prediction. All indicators point to not only continued growth, but an increase in growth. Record setting college enrollment, 5% average wage increases, record real estate sales, progressive county planning (check out Bozeman 2020 Plan), healthy Bozeman budget audits, beautiful scenery, 3 world class ski resorts, and on top of everything, 22 million acres of contiguous wilderness which includes our nation's first national park... It all makes me feel like my investment is safe here, and the quality of living is really hard to beat.