Land Purchase/New Construction - Lakes Region, NH

Land Purchase/New Construction - Lakes Region, NH

Investor · Tilton, NH · Member since 2019 · 57 posts · 23 votes

Hello all, 

Looking to purchase land in Lakes/Mountain Region with a strategy to build an STR. The town has been pretty responsive thus far. The plot isn't cleared and needs a survey. The listing agent says I could take advantage of the surveys happening on the abutting properties. ???

1. How would the abutting surveys benefit me as I would have to get a survey done?

2. How would I go about developing an s septic plan for approval? (This is the first requirement per the town)

3. What are the trickiest parts to putting together this type of deal?

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 154 posts · 108 votes
5y

First step is talking to a civil engineering firm. They will know everything that's needed and put a real dollar amount on the project

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 154 posts · 108 votes
    5y

    First step is talking to a civil engineering firm. They will know everything that's needed and put a real dollar amount on the project

  • Investor · Tilton, NH · Member since 2019 · 57 posts · 23 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    First step is talking to a civil engineering firm. They will know everything that's needed and put a real dollar amount on the project

    Thanks Bill for the direction. Have you invested using new construction?

  • Member since 2021 · 154 posts · 108 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Rudy Planter:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    First step is talking to a civil engineering firm. They will know everything that's needed and put a real dollar amount on the project

    Thanks Bill for the direction. Have you invested using new construction?

    Yes, that said, I now sell turn keys for other investors and I am a full time land and home developer in addition to my company being a general contractor now.

    im happy to share my experience and journey with you 

  • Investor · Tilton, NH · Member since 2019 · 57 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    Much appreciated! Do you have any trustworthy CE referrals in the Lakes region? Are you finding anyone newly constructing A-frames/smallish houses around the lakes? 

    On another note, as a gc are most of your subs technically separate entities or your crews?

  • Member since 2021 · 154 posts · 108 votes
    5y

    I dont have any contacts in your area but that said, I have a platform that we are scaling up that would allow us to have contacts and track job progress. 

    As a GC, most of my subs are separate entities and subs that I have limited supply of, I start my own sub business.... for example roofing companies here locally are very expensive for no reason at all. Charging $165 per square labor only to install shingles and I have laborers that do it for $45 a square. I started a small roofing company last month that handles all of my roofs and I take on replacements locally as filler. Thats a whole other discussion though.

    Do you have land yet? funding? If you have those things sorted out, I can probably help you with the rest.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.