Hopatcong, NJ- Any one investing there?

Hopatcong, NJ- Any one investing there?

Investor · Morris Plains, NJ · Member since 2017 · 294 posts · 47 votes

Hello All! I am new to the forum and I am really excited about REI! One thing that amazes me is how helpful everyone seems to be!

I am looking for area's in NJ that would allow to me to buy and hold especially using the BRRR method.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hopatcong NJ area? This is one of the area's that seems to interest me. What can a typical 3 bedroom, 2 bath rent for? Will I have a hard time finding renters?

Does anyone have a way for me to look at rental prices other than comparing them on trulia etc?

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Belleville, NJ · Member since 2015 · 408 posts · 94 votes
9y
Try rentometer.com to check local area rents for a specific address in your town
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Belleville, NJ · Member since 2015 · 408 posts · 94 votes
    9y
    Try rentometer.com to check local area rents for a specific address in your town
  • Peter TverdovBusiness Member
    Developer · New Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    From what I know about that area the property values (at best) are flat over the past few years. The town is littered with people rough around the edges, also has a bad heroin problem. You might be able to cash flow but I would absolutely NOT expect appreciation out there. I'm sure there are people making money in that town just like any other but that's my 2 cents. 

  • Property Manager · NJ · Member since 2017 · 786 posts · 396 votes
    9y

    @Rigo V. I lived in Mount Olive for a few years which is a town near Hopatcong. I never invested there but I'll give you some info about the area. @Peter Tverdov was correct in his last statement about the area the better pockets of the area wouldnt be ideal for rentals. The path of progress isnt going through that area anytime soon as the area isnt located close enough to a major city or hub of any sort, most people commute eastward for work as there arent many high paying jobs in the area. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.