Rockland County NY Investor Meetup??

Rockland County NY Investor Meetup??

Real Estate Agent · Rockland County NY & Northern NJ · Member since 2016 · 83 posts · 45 votes

Hi BP Community,

As an investor and agent who specializes in working with Investors, I've been attending REI Meetups but usually have to drive all the way to either NYC or Orange County in order to do so. I work primarily in Rockland County, NY and would really like to start an Investor Meetup in Rockland.

Does anyone have interest? Anyone investing in New City, Suffern, Nyack, Orangeburg, Haverstraw, Sloatsburg, Nanuet, or other nearby cities? (Yes, I did that for the keywords!)

Let me know so we can get something planned and meet each other!

1Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Valley cottage NY · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 37 votes
7y

I’m interested! I currently live in Nyack but invest in Pennsylvania. 

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Monroe, NY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi Allyssa 

    I'm a newbie, still learning and researching everything I can get my hands on about REI

    Recently discovered BP which opened my eyes a lot. I currently work in Rockland County as a construction project supervisor and scouting the area for my first deal, It would be great to have a meet up and meet some people with experience in the area, please keep me updated if anything happens. 

  • Nanuet, NY · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi Alyssa,

    I live in Nanuet and am an interested/newbie investor who has not yet pulled the trigger! There is/was a local REI meet up that occurred once a month in Nyack. However, I have not attended it for several months due to schedule conflicts. I'm not sure whether that one is still happening, but I'd be very interested if you chose to start one as well! Looking forward to connecting!

  • New to Real Estate · Nanuet, NY · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi Alyssa,

    Let's meet up whenever your free. To introduce myself... my name is Steve and I'm a new real estate investor. I'm in the rockland county ny area and I haven't got any leads yet.

  • Larry GarberPro Member
    Rockland County, NY · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Hi. I'm just starting out as an investor interested in 2-4 family  houses in the Rockland, Westchester, and Orange County area. I`m a newbie and am educating myself. I've started the online REAL estate sales course through the Hudson  Valley Realtor Association. I`'ve found it very difficult to impossible to find these kinds of properties for sale & would really like to join a like minded group. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chappaqua, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 947 votes
    7y

    @Larry Garber welcome to join our meetup in newburgh.  There are investors from NYC, westchester and Orange County there. Mostly we focus on Newburgh for buying but I have to say you can’t beat the quality of investor there.  I’ve met ppl with 40 years of experience and 50m worth of property at the meetup.  We do have plenty of newbies.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Rockland County NY & Northern NJ · Member since 2016 · 83 posts · 45 votes
    7y

    Hey @Larry Garber! The Rockland REIA meets every month and we'd be happy to have you.

  • Larry GarberPro Member
    Rockland County, NY · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I`m glad to hear there's 1 so close.  When is the next meeting?

  • Rental Property Investor · Valley cottage NY · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    I’m interested! I currently live in Nyack but invest in Pennsylvania. 

  • Larry GarberPro Member
    Rockland County, NY · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I can't get there till 8PM. How long do the meetings usually last? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Rockland County NY & Northern NJ · Member since 2016 · 83 posts · 45 votes
    7y

    @Larry Garber the first 10-15 minutes is usually general meet and greet, followed by an introduction and general market update. The speaker doesn't usually start until 7:30-7:40 and speaks for about 45-60 min depending on the number of questions. We wrap up by 8:30 but then everyone usually hangs out to network until 9:30 or so. 

    Feel free to come when you can so you can meet a few people and catch the Q&A with the speaker. :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Westcheser, NY · Member since 2017 · 66 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    @Allyssa Compton I would love to be part of the meeting as well. I'm an investor from Westchester County, One deal on the books, Actively searching for my 2nd.  Let me know when the next is!

  • Larry GarberPro Member
    Rockland County, NY · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Allyssa, when's the next meeting ?

  • Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2013 · 73 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    I'm up for a Rockland meetup!  Mostly invest in Florida but have rentals in Haverstraw (the next Nyack haha) and Blauvelt.

  • Real Estate Agent · Spring Valley, NY · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi Cindy 

    how are you doing ? I live in Rockland County NY I’m a Licence real estate agent I’m with Keller-Williams in Woodcliff lake . Me and my husband we are also investors , I’m glad to meet you on BiggerPockets. I might have a contractor for you . Where do live and where do you want him to check the house for you ? 

    Kindly 

    Ketlie 

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Ketlie Jean I will message you to avoid spamming the forum.

  • Real Estate Agent · Spring Valley, NY · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Ok let’s do that me while you have my cell number 

  • Investor · Nanuet, NY · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi Allyssa,

    Is this meet up still on?

  • Julie ChitiyoPro Member
    Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi @Allyssa Compton, when is the next REIA Meetup In the Rockland area? I would love to join.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.