Rea estate broker /investor questions

Rea estate broker /investor questions

Real Estate Broker · Rocky Mount, NC · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 3 votes

I'm a new real estate broker but I want to invest.  Are there any  Creative Real Estate  strategies that I am prohibited from doing as a broker  and  what type of disclosures to sellers  would I have to make even if I am a party in the transaction? I want to buy and hold to build a portfolio.

0Reply
12 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Involved In Real Estate · Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2014 · 246 posts · 230 votes
    8y
    Yes! Anything that looks like a “Net Listing” is to be avoided. So do not wholesale, nor let any of your (future) Agents wholesale deals that are your listings, or where you are acting as a “Subagent”. As far as disclosures, just get in the practice of adding “one or more parties to this transaction is a licensed real estate professional” to all of your contracts, where you are acting as a principal and not (just) a broker/agent. Other than that go have fun, make money and have a good real estate attorney at “the ready” for those one off deals you’re not 100% sure about...
  • Real Estate Broker · Rocky Mount, NC · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Thank you very much for your reply. My 1st time on here in months

  • Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Get on NC Licensing Bureau see what other did to lose their license and understand why.


  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2010 · 623 posts · 615 votes
    8y

    @Chris Purvis There are so many restrictions once you have a license which is why I don't. As an investor, I don't need a license because all of the transactions I'm involved with are my own and, as you know, you can do what you want with your own properties.

    Great that you're making an effort to learn the rules before getting into trouble. So many do it the other way around!

    Good luck to you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.