Property Manager recommendation: Asheville NC

Property Manager recommendation: Asheville NC

Delray Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 7 votes

Hello BP'rs,

Looking for any solid recommendations for property managers in the Asheville area. Currently own a single family residence with no problems that the inlaws take care of but entertaining the idea of taking the burden off them. Appreciate any info you can provide!

John

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Pat S.Pro Member
Real Estate Broker · Asheville, NC · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 29 votes
12y

I've talked with a couple over the phone and via e-mail over the past few months and have an in person meeting set up with one of them next week. Will let you know how that goes.

My research so far:

- Contacted Whitney Commercial since they have all the recommended certifications and seemed to be the most professional, but they only do commercial. They did however recommend The Bayshore Company.

- Contacted Grey Beard, no response.

- Had several conversations with a individual RE Agent & PM, but I wasn't crazy about our communication or his answers and although I requested it, I never did get to see a copy of his management agreement.

- Heard from another local investor not to use Phoenix, so I skipped them.

- Talked with Pam, the owner of The Bayshore Company and reviewed their management agreement. I was overall very impressed with her answers during our 40minute or so call. I had her talk me through marketing, screening, repairs & maintenance, eviction, and other scenarios, and all of the answers she gave matched my expectations. I set up a meeting with her next week and need to follow up with checking references.

- Also had a recommendation from a trusted local investor for Steve at Yonder NC, but his advertised property portfolio didn't match my intended price range so I didn't pursue that lead.

So, no actual experience using one yet, but will keep the thread updated with my research.

Thanks,

Pat

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Delray Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Nobody huh? Truly is hard to find a good one.

  • Investor · Jacksonville Beach, FL | NYC | Tamarindo Costa Rica · Member since 2014 · 182 posts · 130 votes
    12y

    Did you find your property manager? I'm looking for one as well for 2 single-family homes. We are currently using Phoenix Properties but looking into switching. Thanks!

  • Pat S.Pro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Asheville, NC · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    I've talked with a couple over the phone and via e-mail over the past few months and have an in person meeting set up with one of them next week. Will let you know how that goes.

    My research so far:

    - Contacted Whitney Commercial since they have all the recommended certifications and seemed to be the most professional, but they only do commercial. They did however recommend The Bayshore Company.

    - Contacted Grey Beard, no response.

    - Had several conversations with a individual RE Agent & PM, but I wasn't crazy about our communication or his answers and although I requested it, I never did get to see a copy of his management agreement.

    - Heard from another local investor not to use Phoenix, so I skipped them.

    - Talked with Pam, the owner of The Bayshore Company and reviewed their management agreement. I was overall very impressed with her answers during our 40minute or so call. I had her talk me through marketing, screening, repairs & maintenance, eviction, and other scenarios, and all of the answers she gave matched my expectations. I set up a meeting with her next week and need to follow up with checking references.

    - Also had a recommendation from a trusted local investor for Steve at Yonder NC, but his advertised property portfolio didn't match my intended price range so I didn't pursue that lead.

    So, no actual experience using one yet, but will keep the thread updated with my research.

    Thanks,

    Pat

  • Investor · Jacksonville Beach, FL | NYC | Tamarindo Costa Rica · Member since 2014 · 182 posts · 130 votes
    12y

    Thank you for sharing! We are trying to sell our properties so hanging on with Phoenix for the interim, but if we need to rent longer term, I will definitely reconsider. So please keep me posted!

  • Investor · Jacksonville Beach, FL | NYC | Tamarindo Costa Rica · Member since 2014 · 182 posts · 130 votes
    12y

    I'm not convinced we can sell for what we want so I have started canvassing property managers myself. Will share what I learn. So far I have emailed Grey Beard, ARC, Asheville Property Management, and Bayshore. Will call Lesile & Associates as they didn't list an email. We'll see who responds in a timely manner!

  • Property Management/ Investing · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2014 · 159 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Any luck guys? 

  • Investor · Jacksonville Beach, FL | NYC | Tamarindo Costa Rica · Member since 2014 · 182 posts · 130 votes
    11y

    I went with Bayshore Management and so far so good. One drawback is that they are paper-based, not online, so it's checks to deposit and paper records. But their responsiveness has been good and speed to find tenants also good.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 129 votes
    8y

    Any update to this post? I am looking 10-15 unit complexes in Asheville and have little knowledge of the property management in the area. The last thing I will want is a paper based company as an out of town investor.

  • Derek RobinsonPro Member
    Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
    8y

    I use Iron Creek Properties in Asheville.  I use to have 6 single family homes and Cory does an awesome job. They are small enough were you get a personal touch, but large enough to utilized technology and compete with the bigger companies.  I'm not sure how big of a muiltfamily he would manage though.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.