Reviews for Turnkey Providers in Ohio - Columbus & Cincinnati

Reviews for Turnkey Providers in Ohio - Columbus & Cincinnati

Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote

Hi All,

I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

Any reviews would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tiffany

0Reply
68 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
7y
Originally posted by @Account Closed:
Originally posted by @James Wise:
Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

Hi All,

I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

Any reviews would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tiffany

 Columbus is priced so much higher than a lot of other stuff in the midwest. Turnkey providers may be few & far between in that market but I'd imagine you'd be able to find a bunch down there in Cinci.

 Why is Columbus so much higher?

We don't have a lot of excess inventory like other "rust belt" midwestern cities do.. Columbus was never a steel/manufacturing town like Cinci, cleveland, st louis, Indianapolis etc, so we never had an industrial boom/retraction that left a bunch of extra "working class" housing that can be picked up cheap..  That's the stuff the turnkey guys are selling off.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

    Hi All,

    I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

    Any reviews would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Tiffany

     If you didn't see anything in the forums, did you try using Google? (dumb question, I'm sure) Sometimes people leave reviews on the Google/Facebook account of the providers. 

    Do they have a big online presence? If they aren't on the forums at all, that may be a red-flag on its own. 

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    In columbus anyway, youd do a lot better just buying a dated but well maintained property in a nice school district off MLS and then using a good local PM.

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks, @Tom Ott. I did do a search for them, but just didn't find that much information.

    @Account Closed, thanks for the response. Do you happen to have any recommendations for any good property managers in Columbus?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

    Hi All,

    I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

    Any reviews would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Tiffany

     Columbus is priced so much higher than a lot of other stuff in the midwest. Turnkey providers may be few & far between in that market but I'd imagine you'd be able to find a bunch down there in Cinci.

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks, @James Wise!

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

    Hi All,

    I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

    Any reviews would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Tiffany

     Columbus is priced so much higher than a lot of other stuff in the midwest. Turnkey providers may be few & far between in that market but I'd imagine you'd be able to find a bunch down there in Cinci.

     Why is Columbus so much higher?

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

    Hi All,

    I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

    Any reviews would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Tiffany

     Columbus is priced so much higher than a lot of other stuff in the midwest. Turnkey providers may be few & far between in that market but I'd imagine you'd be able to find a bunch down there in Cinci.

     Why is Columbus so much higher?

    We don't have a lot of excess inventory like other "rust belt" midwestern cities do.. Columbus was never a steel/manufacturing town like Cinci, cleveland, st louis, Indianapolis etc, so we never had an industrial boom/retraction that left a bunch of extra "working class" housing that can be picked up cheap..  That's the stuff the turnkey guys are selling off.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

    Thanks, @Tom Ott. I did do a search for them, but just didn't find that much information.

    @Account Closed, thanks for the response. Do you happen to have any recommendations for any good property managers in Columbus?

    I self-manage in C/C minus class areas, but wouldn't recommend C or worse for out of state remote investing.  I know of the PMs that operate in these same spaces as I do, but I have no idea if they area any good or what their criteria is. Some names off the top of my head that I've seen around: beacon property management, core select, indianola management, KRG

    However instead of a C area, I'd suggest going a step up into a better school district (Westerville, Gahanana, Hilliard, Dublin, Delaware County, etc) 

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks for the tips!

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

    Hi All,

    I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

    Any reviews would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Tiffany

    Tiffany Ive heard a very positive review of Retire with Real Estate from somebody that bought from them and messaged me once when we were talking about Ohio turnkèys.

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks, @Account Closed, I appreciate the information!

  • Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 204 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    @Tiffany Current if you are still looking for a turn key provider.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.