NE OKC Renaissance Project - Time for you to Invest?

NE OKC Renaissance Project - Time for you to Invest?

Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes

I've been watching this area for years and am happy to say there are finally changes being made to improve the area for the residents that live there. Everything in that area has been in such bad shape for such a long time it's nice to see something being done. It also makes me think it is a great time to get in to the area...commercial, retail, residential, etc etc.. Specifically I've been looking at the areas along NE 36th (the enormous NE Shopping Center project that is due to be finished by this November) as well as NE 23rd/MLK area. It has come a loooong way in just the past few months...they have already gutted the center and are on to steel framing to support the new look of the center. It looks amazing so far!

Above is a photo from about a month ago. Below is a photo from 6/18/2016:

Below is a rendering of what it will look like...please excuse the IPhone pic

1Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2013 · 277 posts · 78 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the info @Tim Combes. I've been curious about the development over there myself. Glad to see it's coming along!

  • Property Manager · Edmond, OK · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    I have been driving by this Shopping center daily for over a year! Oklahoma City has plenty of Maps projects going on and I see nothing to help this area! Please help am I missing something about this area? Thank you Billy Allen
  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hi Billy! I don't think you're missing anything, I've just done a lot of "digging" over the past few years...mapping property/land purchases in the area, networking, speaking directly with investors involved and people who have been watching the same thing I've been watching. Don't get me wrong, it's not moving at the pace of any maps projects but that's to be expected. Actually, this property in particular (and many many others across OKC) are owned by the same gentleman who's son-in-law, a successful architect, has taken over and is going to be putting a lot of money in them over the coming years. I was just noticing the progress in this building in particular...I really enjoy seeing such a massive shopping center in the shape this one is in, begin its transformation to something very nice. No, this area, just like any area, will not be transformed overnight, but it's progress....baby steps. There are actually several in state and out of state investment groups interested in these areas in particular. It's almost like they're all waiting for someone to "jump in" first. But a good example of change is Lincoln Blvd...and even the Lincoln golf course clubhouse...wow! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.