New to Real Estate From South Dakota

New to Real Estate From South Dakota

SD · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes

19 year old looking to learn more about real estate and take action. I want to start investing in real estate, but don't have enough cap or knowledge to start, so I found out that wholesaling is the best option for me right now. I'm looking to learn more about wholesaling and other real estate investments. If anyone is from South Dakota, would love to get in touch and learn more. 

3Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Dave SpoonerPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 869 posts · 823 votes
5y

@Saugat Pradhan That's awesome! Sounds like you're definitely on the right track. Congrats on getting started so young.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave SpoonerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 869 posts · 823 votes
    5y

    @Saugat Pradhan Wholesaling can be great for those without starter money but it can be difficult to get going. Rather than dollars, your currency is your network in wholesaling, and for that reason, I always recommend that folks start off by building their knowledge and network. This will pay off regardless of the direction you head in real estate. Sounds like you're taking the right first steps by posting here, but don't limit it to this.

    Grab some books (there are plenty of good ones), subscribe to a few podcasts, and reach out to local REIAs, realtors, other wholesalers, etc. Folks in real estate generally want to help. Good luck!

  • SD · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Dave Spooner Thanks for the reply. I have been watching tons of videos, listening to podcasts, and also have been doing some virtual real estate meet-ups with a couple of investors I found on the meetup website.

  • Dave SpoonerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 869 posts · 823 votes
    5y

    @Saugat Pradhan That's awesome! Sounds like you're definitely on the right track. Congrats on getting started so young.

  • Andrew AdamBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2014 · 159 posts · 111 votes
    5y

    For sure, Let's Connect! This is a great market.

  • SD · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Andrew Adam That would be great, always looking to network with more people.

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Find an at-scale wholesaler in your area and work with them even if you are an intern to learn the business. 

    Make sure that the investor is doing a lot of deals in your area. Wholesaling is very sales and marketing heavy and those doing it at scale have a big marketing budget. Partnering with a wholesaler locally will definitely help you learn and get started. 

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y

    @Saugat Pradhan most the wholesalers in this market are not going to want to work with you. People have a fear of training someone to succeed in their home turf. 

    I don't personally wholesale in this market, but I know many people who do and I get deal notices from them.

    Ultimately without capital, knowledge or experience - all you can offer is hustle. What I mean by that is willingness to work hard and not being afraid to push yourself. You can knock on doors, hand out flyers, make phone calls, etc. If you are willing to do those things, you can find a path to success. If you are looking for someone to teach you the ropes, that is unlikely to happen unless you can offer something of value in return. Good luck.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Saugat Pradhan let’s chat

  • SD · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Thanks to everyone for their great advice. I just got introduced to this game only a couple of months ago, but I already got some goals set up and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.