Is Killeen a good area to wholesale in?

Is Killeen a good area to wholesale in?

Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello all

I want to get started in wholesaling. I have been learning as much as I can through various channels, which is how I came across information about this site. I am from Houston but currently live in Killeen. Is this a good area to get started with wholesaling? 

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 232 posts · 173 votes
9y

I'm an agent in the Killeen area. I know a couple successful wholesellers. There are a couple Homevestor (We Buy Ugly Houses) franchises that get deals in our area as well that they wholesale.

It can be a difficult market for wholesaling, however, because of the immense amount of new construction inventory, the high LTVs that come with the VA loan and mean that homeowners don't have equity, and a buyer friendly market that means most of the transaction costs fall on the seller.

It's a pretty solid rental market, though, and finding properties to wholesale to buy-and-hold type investors is probably a route you could explore.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 222 posts · 126 votes
    9y

    @Ronita Gilliam If you want to know if your area is good for wholesaling, I would reverse engineer it. You would need to find out how many sales in your area have been cash sales. Cash sales usually indicate investors. 

    You could also call landlords on Craigslist and ask if they are buying homes and would they work with wholesalers. 

    Call Realtors, as many as you can, and ask them if they have a lot of investors they work with. 

    This would be a good start.  

  • Investor · Princeton, TX · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Ronita Gilliam  You need to be very careful in the Killeen area.  Fort Hood makes it a very special market.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 232 posts · 173 votes
    9y

    I'm an agent in the Killeen area. I know a couple successful wholesellers. There are a couple Homevestor (We Buy Ugly Houses) franchises that get deals in our area as well that they wholesale.

    It can be a difficult market for wholesaling, however, because of the immense amount of new construction inventory, the high LTVs that come with the VA loan and mean that homeowners don't have equity, and a buyer friendly market that means most of the transaction costs fall on the seller.

    It's a pretty solid rental market, though, and finding properties to wholesale to buy-and-hold type investors is probably a route you could explore.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thank you all for the input. @BrianAdams how would buy-and-hold wholesaling affect any paperwork that I would need to do with the seller or buyer? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Killeen, TX · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 5 votes
    9y

     @Ronita Gilliam im a wholesaler in killeen i agree with @Brian Adams this can be a stiff market to wholesale in unless you have a good budget for marketing ive been building a system to automate nd hire a virtual assistant to take incoming calls nd search comps, you can private message me im always down to co wholesale or partner up if i can be of any assistance. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.