Texas Attorney Familiar with MH

6 Replies

I have been trying to find an attorney, an escrow/title company, and an insurance company in the North Texas area familiar with manufactured housing. I purchased Jerry Lucker's MobileHomesMakeMoney course last year. It took some time but I now have my Texas Retailer's License, LLC, and money to start the business. I plan to buy MH repos in MH parks from Dallas area and east. I have Jerry's P/S contract and a few other forms. Here are some questions I have if anyone can help.

1. I would like to find an attorney who can let me know if I can use the MobileHomesMake Money forms in Texas. 

2. I also need an escrow/title company that I can use in those same areas. 

3. I also need an insurance company to insure the MH.

I appreciate any help on the above three things. I have a few options I came up with by doing a Google search. I know from reading a lot on BiggerPockets that there are a lot of investors from Texas. Thank you for your help.

@Jennifer H. . Most any Title Company can / probably will do these Closings. Suggest you look for one that has branches in the Northeast Texas towns: Canton, Sherman, Paris, Tyler, Lufkin, etc. 

Thank you for responding! I wasn't sure if a title company might be picky about it being a MH. Also, I may have found an insurance company. I saw a post that Rachel H posted saying Foremost insures MHs. I like what I found out when I went on their website. 

Hi Jennifer, 

If you want to send me an email, I can take a look at the forms you have.

Ron

I appreciate that! I will email them to you shortly. 

Originally posted by @Jennifer H. :

I have been trying to find an attorney, an escrow/title company, and an insurance company in the North Texas area familiar with manufactured housing. I purchased Jerry Lucker's MobileHomesMakeMoney course last year. It took some time but I now have my Texas Retailer's License, LLC, and money to start the business. I plan to buy MH repos in MH parks from Dallas area and east. I have Jerry's P/S contract and a few other forms. Here are some questions I have if anyone can help.

1. I would like to find an attorney who can let me know if I can use the MobileHomesMake Money forms in Texas. 

2. I also need an escrow/title company that I can use in those same areas. 

3. I also need an insurance company to insure the MH.

I appreciate any help on the above three things. I have a few options I came up with by doing a Google search. I know from reading a lot on BiggerPockets that there are a lot of investors from Texas. Thank you for your help.

How have things been going with your MH business?

Eric, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I see you are in Malakoff. That's not too far from me! I work full time so things are moving slower than I would like. My husband's pick up truck was being repaired and we just got it back. I am hoping to start making bids within the next few weeks. Jerry Lucker's course centers around bidding on repos. I plan to focus right now on manufactured homes only in parks. 

I still haven't found any attorney familiar with the MH business. I have googled and searched until I am blue in the face. If this doesn't work out for me, I plan to purchase John Fedro's course. I really like Jerry Lucker's course. It's sad he's not offering it anymore but I am glad I was able to purchase it before he closed his website.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.