Parker Smith
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Trouble Finding First Cash Flowing Deal

Parker Smith
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jun 22 2018, 05:36

Hey All,

This is my first post on bigger pockets and I'm super excited to join the community. I am about 6 months into my real estate journey and having been reading everything I can get my hands on. I live about 50 minutes north of Austin, TX and have decided to invest in buy and hold single family investment properties. 

I know I am fairly new, but have been analyzing about 3 properties per day via zillow (this is probably my first problem) for the last 3 months and havn't been able to find any cash flowing properties. I know its possible to find them but I feel like in Texas it is super tricky at the moment. I decided to get my license and according to the math I will break even on the board of realtors fees if I do one deal per year. I am hoping the education and access to MLS will aid me in finding better deals.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on dealing with super high property taxes, and getting your license as a newbie before even buying first property. Hoping I didn't make a mistake by doing it.

Loading replies...