Newbie Investor meetups, Houston TX?

13 Replies

I live in south Houston and was wondering if there were any investor meetups in the area. I've been reading a lot of material, and watching a lot of real estate videos, but there's just nothing like personal interaction and networking. I'm eager to invest in my first property, but still have so many reservations about pulling the trigger. I am self employed, so I'm looking at owner financing to execute my first deal, with hope of holding and renting it out.

Not sure how far south houston you live, but meetup is great place to find investor meetings. Jet Lending has a huge event each month at Redneck Country Club in Stafford. About 700-1000 people. Investors, wholesalers, lenders and vendors. Plus they usually have a real good speaker for about and hour. And best of all FREE BEER!!!!

If you have any questions on investing I would be glad to help you out. I only started flipping to landlord about 16 months ago, but I have done 5 houses with one under contract. Plus I have been in commercial real estate for over 20 years. I help mentor several people that are on the way to developing a portfolio of proerties.

Looking to soon do a multifamily with several investors.

Shawn Harvey, thank you for the kind offer. I live just south of Beltway 8 along I45. Close to Baybrook mall, if you are familiar with the area. I would love pick your brain over lunch or coffee, my treat. My current plan is to use direct mail marketing to find leads. For an exit strategy, I would like to either fix and rent, or fix and flip, with some wholesaling if I generate more deals than I wish to pursue myself.

Hi @Ivan Alvarez I agree with @Shawn Harvey I really like the Jet Lending event and it's quite a drive for me, but I feel it's worth it. So yes I definitely recommend their meetup.

I am also in the same boat as most of you but don't want to drive an hour, then have drinks and drive back. I plan to attend the local club here in League City.  The next meeting is Nov 13th at 6:30pm at La Brisa Mexican restaurant on Hwy 146 just past the Kemah bridge going south. It will be my first meeting at this club..