How to find list of duplex owners in TX

How to find list of duplex owners in TX

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 89 posts · 58 votes

I am looking to find off market duplexes and am trying to figure out the best way to get a list of duplex owners to approach.  Other than driving one at a time, looking up owners through tax records, is there a way to get a list of owners to prospect?

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent/Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
7y

ListSource provides such information, but it'll cost you. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    ListSource provides such information, but it'll cost you. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 229 posts · 259 votes
    7y

    I build my own using public data. Its a slow tedious process.  Doesn't help that the official government data is often 3-6 months behind reality.  I would imagine that the list services are providing even older data here in Texas.

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 909 posts · 297 votes
    7y

    well also instead of trying to find a duplex you can always look for a beater SFR thats zoned for it, so you can build your own how you like it, more work.. maybe even a lot more but could be better on cashflow and layout

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 89 posts · 58 votes
    7y

    @Beau Fannon@Bob Okenwa@Justin Kane

    Thanks guys.  I actually looked at list source and I think it will get me the basic info I need to get started.

  • San Antonio · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Beau Fannon:

    I build my own using public data. Its a slow tedious process.  Doesn't help that the official government data is often 3-6 months behind reality.  I would imagine that the list services are providing even older data here in Texas.

     What are the different data points or sources you use to build your list?. I looked at my county’s appraisal district website and a MF indicator isn’t obvious to me. 

    Not sure how I would filter the database or what source to cross reference with. 

    Thanks. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 229 posts · 259 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Maria Miers:

    Not sure how I would filter the database or what source to cross reference with. 

    Thanks. 

    There isn't an easy solution. You need to know the neighborhood you are interested in. I use the map feature to get my baseline data then backfill info for targeted properties.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.