San Antonio Investor Friendly Residential Architects Suggestions?

San Antonio Investor Friendly Residential Architects Suggestions?

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I'm looking for a few local San Antonio architects that we can interview for a new renovation project.  Any suggestions?

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
7y

Hey @James Collier unless you are adding a bunch of square footage, you will probably not need an architect. You might need someone to do before and after drawings for your permits. I have someone for that if you need that type of person.

If you are doing a full rehab and adding square footage you are talking at least 10k to 15k to start and then they will go up from there.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2016 · 130 posts · 62 votes
    7y

    I don't have a local architect that I've used, but I know most of them charge around 10% of the total project cost. You can find a much cheesier architect with or without a State of Texas license on some of the gig sites like upwork. I use the site for many things including previous architectural and structural engineering work. Be sure and read previous reviews and verify through the state that they have an active license.

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 909 posts · 297 votes
    7y

    are you just looking for a design? or full on architect project manager etc. 

  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Hey @James Collier unless you are adding a bunch of square footage, you will probably not need an architect. You might need someone to do before and after drawings for your permits. I have someone for that if you need that type of person.

    If you are doing a full rehab and adding square footage you are talking at least 10k to 15k to start and then they will go up from there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.