Tax Delinquent List in Denton County

11 Replies

Hello guys, does anyone in the Denton,TX or surrounding areas know how to obtain a list of Tax Delinquent properties? I went to the Tax assessor's office in Denton and they said they couldn't provide me with the list and i had to go from one place to another and i still coudnt get the list i was looking for. I finally went back to the tax assessor's office and they gave me an email to submit a request but i feel like there should be an easier way to obtain the list even if its in a file format that would need a programmer to convert to Excel format. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks. 

Well the trick is there just aren't many tax delinquents in Denton County.  Probably because mostly newer homes with loans and taxes collected in escrow in conjunction with loans.   As you can see from the links posted above, just a handful of tax foreclosures.   You might want to look at Dallas or Tarrant Counties where there is older housing stock that is paid off and that's often where people get delinquent.   Probably 1000 or more in each county delinquent.

Otherwise you can either try the appraisal district or the tax assessor or the school district for a list.

You can also buy a list of off market leads.

@Amy Fulbright thank you for the links, I was actually referring to a tax delinquent list that has not yet gone to foreclosure, I was able to get the list from the tax assessor's office for free and hired a programmer to format it to a legible excel format. Thanks again and all the best to you.

@Bruce Lynn thank you for the tips, the Denton county list I received from the tax assessors office has over 2000 properties that are tax delinquent, I'm working that list right now, I will move to the other counties if I don't find any good deals. Thank you for your feedback and good luck to you. 

Denton appears to to be the least delinquent and least vacant county in the DFW. Were you able to get a programmer to process the data for you? The county gave us the data in a fixed length format, not easy on the eyes, and definitely not easy to process by hand :)

In case you were interested in the counts, we've processed the tax rolls in the DFW area - Here are the counts we got at the moment that owe for 2 years or more.

Dallas County - 20,568

Tarrant County - 7,353

Denton County - 1,222

Collin County - 3,142

2019 taxes for both Dallas and Tarrant are due by Feb 1st so expect those numbers to jump a bit then.

@Albert Mainja If you are interested in Tarrant county sheriff sale you can find the monthly listing here: http://access.tarrantcounty.com/en/constables/constable-3/delinquent-tax-sales/monthly-tax-sales-listings.html

I've not attended the auction in Denton but I've been pretty active in Tarrant County, you can also try to reach the owners before auction but I'd very careful, do your diligence and watch for lien if you're dealing directly with the owner.

@Jordan Hannes thank you so much for the breakdown on tax-delinquent counts in the metroplex, i did manage to find a programmer to process the data for me but i think i didn't do a great job scrubbing the list to filter good leads because the list i have has about 2,000 leads and so far i've only found a few good leads. How are you filtering your list to get 1,200? I will definitely get the other counties lists so thank you so much!! All the best to you. 

Originally posted by @Albert Mainja :

@Jordan Hannes thank you so much for the breakdown on tax-delinquent counts in the metroplex, i did manage to find a programmer to process the data for me but i think i didn't do a great job scrubbing the list to filter good leads because the list i have has about 2,000 leads and so far i've only found a few good leads. How are you filtering your list to get 1,200? I will definitely get the other counties lists so thank you so much!! All the best to you. 

Yeah it can be difficult to find the right person for the job. Sometimes Business Personal Property gets mixed in there as well, you should check on the county site to make sure you only have real estate accounts.

That 1200 is a minimum owed of 1000 and 2 years delinquent. 

Originally posted by @Albert Mainja :

@Saheed Oseni thanks for your feedback, have you been getting any success with your leads from Tarrant county? 

@Albert Mainja ,  I've been able to acquire a few. Remember, there is a waiting period in Texas when you buy at the sheriff's sale so I'm just now renovating acquisitions from last summer.