Buying a house back to resell or rent

Buying a house back to resell or rent

Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 104 posts · 43 votes

I have a situation with some notes I own that are either a little behind or where I sold a property that is a fixer-upper and they haven't fixed it and it presents an opportunity for me where I would rather buy the property back because the market price is higher now than when I originally sold it. Has anyone ever done this and is there any issues you see?

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 215 votes
    5y

    You mean like get a deed in lieu so that don't have to pay you back on your loan/or you forgive the loan and they give you the house back?

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 104 posts · 43 votes
    5y

    @Ethan G. That’s an option for the ones who are way behind, but most are just marginally behind (can get caught up) or (for some of the fixer uppers) they are up to date, they just haven’t fixed up the property yet. It seems as simple as making an offer and then releasing the lien note upon closing. But i want to make sure it’s that’s simple and I haven’t been able to find much literature.

  • Attorney · Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 215 votes
    5y
    Yeah you could buy it back and release your loan for instance. I would draft the documents like that for my client if that is what they wanted to do.


    Originally posted by @Jordan D'Silva:

    @Ethan G. That’s an option for the ones who are way behind, but most are just marginally behind (can get caught up) or (for some of the fixer uppers) they are up to date, they just haven’t fixed up the property yet. It seems as simple as making an offer and then releasing the lien note upon closing. But i want to make sure it’s that’s simple and I haven’t been able to find much literature.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.