Realtor · San Antonio TX & New Braunfels, TX · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 2 votes
Hi Everyone! I'm currently in school for my real estate license at Champions. I'm in the San Antonio/New Braunfels area and presume to complete coursework at the end of March. I've been doing a lot of research on brokerages and two really stick out to me, Keller Williams & eXp. Keller Williams seems to be a great place for a newly licensed person providing a lot of training and guidance. eXp seems to be a next level type of real estate that has a little more freedom, but I don't know if this would be the best fit starting out (possibly this would be a better place for agents that already have some experience?). I do not want or expect anyone to hold my hand, but I do want to create a really great foundation of learning, mentorship, and experience. I am extremely open to other brokerages as well; these two just "stuck out" to me so far.
I would LOVE any feedback you have! What is your experience at brokerages in the area? Which brokerages are know to be geared in a particular direction, etc? Is there a particular brokerage that tends to be better for agents just starting out? Give me all the details... good, bad, and ugly! Thank you so much!
Real Estate Broker · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 248 posts · 240 votes
5y
I've had a bad broker and now I am with a good one. Good brokers are focused on creating great agents. Bad brokers are trying to keep as much of your fees for themselves as possible. This is something you cannot see just by looking at the office furnishings. Make sure you interview the broker. Find out what kind of paid staff the office has. There should be someone on staff to help you with contract questions. Volunteer realtors are not enough. Realtors get paid to sell houses. They will have little time to support you. Inquire about education/resources specific to new agents. Request a copy of the education calendar. Good luck!
Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
5y
I'll vote for KW.....growing like crazy, profitable, debt free, profit shares to the agents...Since you're in San Antonio...it's nice to say that the Heritage Market Center in San Antonio was the #2 profit sharing market center out of all KW offices and shared over $1.2 million with their agents. Have them teach you how to get you some of that. Regularly ranked one of the top training companies, not just in real estate, but all kinds of businesses. No matter what niche you want to tackle, there is someone doing it in a big way....a giant way at KW.