What’s a reasonable fee for a CMA in San Antonio Texas

What’s a reasonable fee for a CMA in San Antonio Texas

Joe S.Pro Member
Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

What is a reasonable fee to pay a realtor for CMA's in or near San Antonio Texas? This is not a one time gig this is where we might have three or four CMA's in a weeks time.

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
5y

Buy something like MLSIQ, Propelio, or Propstream.  Probably cheaper than paying for CMAs.   Then you can do them yourself.   Also depends on how much time you want someone to put in them.   Quick and dirty might take 5 minutes...detailed might take an hour or more.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    I would think an agent would do it for free. That's part of how they earn their commission at the closing table. 

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Ross Rauschenbach:

    I would think an agent would do it for free. That's part of how they earn their commission at the closing table. 

    I typically buy without the services of a real estate agent, because I buy off market properties. I can get fairly close without a CMA, however in today's tight competitive market the closer I can get to the actual true value the better I can be competitive with my offer.

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Buy something like MLSIQ, Propelio, or Propstream.  Probably cheaper than paying for CMAs.   Then you can do them yourself.   Also depends on how much time you want someone to put in them.   Quick and dirty might take 5 minutes...detailed might take an hour or more.

  • Joe FunariBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2017 · 850 posts · 825 votes
    5y

    @Joe S. I run both sold and rent CMA's for each property for free for my clients here in the DFW area. If its a multifamily I will also run seperate rent CMA's if the units are different sizes too. It comes with the territory for a good Realtor to run comps for a client at no additional charge. If someone is charging you they aren't fellow investors. So go find an investor friendly investor/realtor.

  • Polo VazquezPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · McAllen, TX · Member since 2017 · 382 posts · 281 votes
    5y

    Hey Joe!
    DM me I'll do it for you. We can talk about details thorugh there.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    Hey @Joe S. - I can help if you interested in SFH in San Antonio! Drop me a line.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.