• Realtor
  • Orem, UT
Votes |
Utah - Curious about agents commissions on investment deals

Jeremy Eisenstat
  • Realtor
  • Orem, UT
Posted May 29 2020, 22:59

Hello all, I've been on bigger pockets for a while now, mostly reading and picking apart conversations and ideas. I've always been intrigued by the creativity behind different types real estate deals and decided to start by getting my license and join a small brokerage in Provo, UT (I'll be active as soon as my fingerprints clear.. hopefully it doesn't take too long) and I'll be able to hit it full time in a few months after my corporate job winds down. I know it's an interesting time to get into real estate but I still see a good opportunity, especially in Utah. 

My question is in regards to commissions charged on investment/cash deals. I'm assuming it's not the standard 6% like retail transactions, but I could be wrong. Do investors generally negotiate commissions if they receive help from an agent? If so, what is the standard "discount" for frequent buyers and sellers when using an agent? Maybe it depends on repeat business? I'm open to working with all types of sellers and buyers and currently have wholesalers sending me properties regularly and understand that investors are looking for the best ROI possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Loading replies...