Any Northwest WI Investors?

6 Replies

Looking to network with anybody in the Northwestern WI market: Polk, Barron, Dunn, St. Croix Counties. I have several properties for sale and I'm currently looking for 3/2 SFH myself.

Hey Steve- did you bid on the Polk county tax auction this morning? Had a 3+ bed in atlas (west of luck). Opening bid $7500. I'd guess it sold for less than $20.  Was actually pretty good, but a little far for me.  I'm by Somerset.

I didn't even hear about it... and I've been on the Polk county website and am planning on going tomorrow.  

Right from the website:  "All Sheriff Sales are conducted at 10:00 a.m. Sales are held Tuesday - Thursday. See the sale calendar or the notice. PLACE: The front lobby of the Polk County Justice Center, 1005 W. Main Street, Balsam Lake, WI 54810."

How did you hear about it?  I can certainly be happy with a 3bd for $7500 or less!!!

It wasn't a regular foreclosure, it was a tax foreclosure...so it doesn't go through the sheriff sale like normal. Looks like it sold for $17,500.

Auction today was pretty good.  The plaintiff showed up (bank) and placed their bids on 3 properties... since they get to go first, this is the starting bid.  There was only 1 bidder, and he chose to not bid on 2 of the 3.  He won one auction for $1 over the bank amount and then he didn't have his cash with him and had to run and get it.  We were over in less than 10 minutes.

What I learned was to read the auction listings, drive by the properties and make a decision and then go to the auction.

If the property is confirmed vacant, this is a great way to get a property.  Otherwise there are some "opportunities" that you need to consider.

At the very bottom of the County website there's a link that says, "real estate for sale tax delinquent". Click on the link and it will Download a pdf of the properties that were up for auction. You can just monitor the website for when they post things again.  What kind of real estate investing do you do?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.