Any Northwest WI Investors?

Any Northwest WI Investors?

Investor · MIlltown, WI · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 3 votes

Looking to network with anybody in the Northwestern WI market: Polk, Barron, Dunn, St. Croix Counties. I have several properties for sale and I'm currently looking for 3/2 SFH myself.

0Reply
60 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Hudson, WI · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    Hey Steve- did you bid on the Polk county tax auction this morning? Had a 3+ bed in atlas (west of luck). Opening bid $7500. I'd guess it sold for less than $20.  Was actually pretty good, but a little far for me.  I'm by Somerset.

  • Investor · MIlltown, WI · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    I didn't even hear about it... and I've been on the Polk county website and am planning on going tomorrow.  

    Right from the website:  "All Sheriff Sales are conducted at 10:00 a.m. Sales are held Tuesday - Thursday. See the sale calendar or the notice. PLACE: The front lobby of the Polk County Justice Center, 1005 W. Main Street, Balsam Lake, WI 54810."

    How did you hear about it?  I can certainly be happy with a 3bd for $7500 or less!!!

  • Investor · Hudson, WI · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    It wasn't a regular foreclosure, it was a tax foreclosure...so it doesn't go through the sheriff sale like normal. Looks like it sold for $17,500.

  • Investor · MIlltown, WI · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Got a link?

  • Investor · MIlltown, WI · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Auction today was pretty good.  The plaintiff showed up (bank) and placed their bids on 3 properties... since they get to go first, this is the starting bid.  There was only 1 bidder, and he chose to not bid on 2 of the 3.  He won one auction for $1 over the bank amount and then he didn't have his cash with him and had to run and get it.  We were over in less than 10 minutes.

    What I learned was to read the auction listings, drive by the properties and make a decision and then go to the auction.

    If the property is confirmed vacant, this is a great way to get a property.  Otherwise there are some "opportunities" that you need to consider.

  • Investor · Hudson, WI · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    At the very bottom of the County website there's a link that says, "real estate for sale tax delinquent". Click on the link and it will Download a pdf of the properties that were up for auction. You can just monitor the website for when they post things again.  What kind of real estate investing do you do?

  • Paul Raymond WoodBusiness Member
    Realtor · Northwest Wisconsin · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Steve McGrane:

    Looking to network with anybody in the Northwestern WI market: Polk, Barron, Dunn, St. Croix Counties. I have several properties for sale and I'm currently looking for 3/2 SFH myself.


     Hi Steve! Old post I know, but are you still investing in the area? I work largely in the counties you mentioned and dabble in EC, Chippewa, and Pierce as well. The market has really been cranking lately. 

    REAL Broker LLC - 3 Rivers Team 512 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.