Investor · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
Hi everyone - I have a property in Orange County where the current wooden fence needs to be replaced (approximately 150 linear feet and two gates). I'm thinking about going the vinyl fencing or block fencing route to reduce maintenance costs as the property will be a rental in the future. I’m leaning towards vinyl fencing from a cost standpoint.
1. Any thoughts in the So Cal Market around vinyl fencing vs. block fencing? Is either of these particularily better than the other?
2. Any recommendations on where to purchase and installers.
Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y
I buy mine from Master Halco, they aren't cheap but will hold up durability. They have all types of fencing. No suggestions for installer on a residential level.
Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 19 votes
9y
South Coast Supply in Los Alamitos sells material for block fencing and can give very good/ reliable contractor references for the install. They also deliver the material all over so cal
I have used vinyl fencing in the past. It is much cheaper and way easier to install. However, It is not nearly as durable (scuffs and warps) and doesn't last as long. I suppose it would do fine for a rental property.
The block wall is more expensive but way more durable. It also will match what is most likely already in the neighborhood.
Let me know if you need anything.
tylerturpin@gmail