Cost for General home inspection in Los Angeles.

Cost for General home inspection in Los Angeles.

Rick MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 411 posts · 477 votes

Hello All.  As the subject states, I am looking to get the average cost for a certified, general home inspection here in LA, and by all means, I would accept any referrals.  It is a 1921, 1250 sq. ft craftsmen + 350 sq. ft in-law suite in the back.  The range I've experienced is $300 - $450.  Thanks!

0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 20 votes
9y

I've used many different companies over the past three to four years and that's a pretty typical range for home inspections. My brother's an inspector and his company charges $395 at the minimum and the price goes up for multiple units, bigger homes, etc. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    I've used many different companies over the past three to four years and that's a pretty typical range for home inspections. My brother's an inspector and his company charges $395 at the minimum and the price goes up for multiple units, bigger homes, etc. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Buena Park, CA · Member since 2016 · 743 posts · 424 votes
    9y
    In general,they charge $400.00 on average for a 2000 sqft. or less property inspection.
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 565 posts · 391 votes
    9y

    I have paid between $300 up to $620 for properties in the range of 1500-2200. Better experience with the more expensive even though it hurts the pocket.

  • Rick MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 411 posts · 477 votes
    9y

    @Archie Robb, @Brandon Battle, @Kevin Lefeuvre.  Thanks for taking the time, and getting back to me.  Good... that confirms that the price for the inspector a local realtor was recommending was nuts.  Lately, I have done most projects in the midwest, and their numbers are not that far off from what they appear to be here.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 156 posts · 113 votes
    9y
    We paid $425 for a home inspection for our craftsman duplex (about 1500 SQFT). I don't recommend our guy though.. haha. Send me a PM and I'll tell you the name of the guy I do Not recommend 😬 Good luck!
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 156 posts · 113 votes
    9y
    ** and our property is in South LA near USC. Location of the property and inspector also seems to play a role in the price.
  • Rick MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 411 posts · 477 votes
    9y

    thanks @Account Closed.  I will.

  • Real Estate Agent · Inglewood, CA · Member since 2015 · 294 posts · 150 votes
    8y

    Will send you a DM with my preferred inspector, prices range $400-600.  Always ask the inspector to provide and example of their reports via email, this will give you a good idea of their quality of work.   His reports scare me and clients but I would rather know than not know.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Clarence Johnson:

    Will send you a DM with my preferred inspector, prices range $400-600.  Always ask the inspector to provide and example of their reports via email, this will give you a good idea of their quality of work.   His reports scare me and clients but I would rather know than not know.

    @Clarence Johnson DM sent!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.