What's the best way to find a good GC?

What's the best way to find a good GC?

Vendor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 16 votes

To be perfectly honest, Craigslist has been my primary source for GC's in the past 3 years and it hasn't really been presenting me with major quality options.  Tried using Homeadvisor but the guys there are either too expensive or the affordable guy are too busy.  What is the next best step?  A few people have told me calling around to lumber yards or hanging out at Home Depot at 7am is the best way to solve this problem.  How have fellow LA Investors solved this problem?

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 72 posts · 55 votes
8y

If I see a home renovation happening in a neighborhood I work in, often times I pull over and inquire with the workers about their availability.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 72 posts · 55 votes
    8y

    If I see a home renovation happening in a neighborhood I work in, often times I pull over and inquire with the workers about their availability.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Agree with Steve above. Nothing more important than pounding the streets and finding vendors doing actual work... 

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    7y

    Referrals from other investors and contractors are a good source. That said, you have to trust the source too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.