Propert Management Company Recs - 50 unit Bld - West Hollywood

8 Replies

Hi there, 

I'm an HOA member of a 50 unit condo building in West Hollywood. We're in the market for a new property company, and I would love any recommendations. Current management is awful and non-responsive. I'd like to compare bids from a few different companies.

Thanks,

Andrew

@Andrew S.

Check out Baboudjian Properties and speak to Jack. It's the one property management company that I deal with that's very responsive. Keep in mind that I'm an agent and not a tenant so I'm unsure of how responsive they are when it comes to tenants but their Yelp page would suggest they do things the right way.  

Originally posted by @Andrew S. :

Hi there, 

I'm an HOA member of a 50 unit condo building in West Hollywood. We're in the market for a new property company, and I would love any recommendations. Current management is awful and non-responsive. I'd like to compare bids from a few different companies.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew - I have a close friend from school whose family are successful landlords in LA (my friend is an executive in the company) and also do PM for lots of properties they don't own, and seem to have built a very strong business around that. I don't know of the top of my head whether your building is the sort of thing they'd handle, but I can ask him if you want, and if so, perhaps you can DM me and you guys can connect to discuss further. Let me know. 

Hi Andrew,

It appears I am a little late to the party as you may have already found a new property management co., however you should contact @Kenny Dahill . He is the CEO of Burbz. Essentially it is a property management marketplace for tenants, landlords, and property managers. To avoid misrepresenting this company I copied and pasted an excerpt from there website: 

"With the Burbz online marketplace, you can submit your property for free and receive proposals from local property managers. Comparing these property management companies is easy since you can see ratings provided by other real estate investors."

Hope this helps. Kenny is very savvy, but more importantly very approachable. Honestly, as much guidance as he has provided me I owe this guy a bottle of whiskey!

Good luck in your search!

Wow, thanks @JoJo Tucker for the kind words!  Bottle of whiskey isn't needed, a 6-pack of IPA's will do the job.

@Andrew S. , can you please clarify if you're looking for property management or HOA management? There are settle differences but from my experience a lot of HOA management companies won't do property management. There are some property management companies that will do HOA management. Clear as mud?

The biggest difference: HOA management don't do leasing or rent collection. The 'tenants' are the owners, or the owner's responsibilities if they rent out the units.  They also don't handle internal maintenance issues, that's the owners responsibility.

The similarities are related on maintaining the grounds, coordinating vendors, and accounting services.

@Shiva Bhaskar has some awesome contacts as well.  He's a great guy and loves connecting people!  Maybe I'll forward that whiskey bottle from Jojo to Shiva!

@Andrew S. , are you still in pursuit of a new HOA Mangement firm? We focus primarily on PM's right now, but I would definitely be willing to help you on this search if you need.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here