Propert Management Company Recs - 50 unit Bld - West Hollywood

Propert Management Company Recs - 50 unit Bld - West Hollywood

Flipper/Rehabber · West Hollywood, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 10 votes

Hi there, 

I'm an HOA member of a 50 unit condo building in West Hollywood. We're in the market for a new property company, and I would love any recommendations. Current management is awful and non-responsive. I'd like to compare bids from a few different companies.

Thanks,

Andrew

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 731 votes
7y

Wow, thanks @JoJo Tucker for the kind words!  Bottle of whiskey isn't needed, a 6-pack of IPA's will do the job.

@Andrew S.

@Andrew S., can you please clarify if you're looking for property management or HOA management? There are settle differences but from my experience a lot of HOA management companies won't do property management. There are some property management companies that will do HOA management. Clear as mud?

The biggest difference: HOA management don't do leasing or rent collection. The 'tenants' are the owners, or the owner's responsibilities if they rent out the units.  They also don't handle internal maintenance issues, that's the owners responsibility.

The similarities are related on maintaining the grounds, coordinating vendors, and accounting services.

@Shiva Bhaskar

@Shiva Bhaskar has some awesome contacts as well.  He's a great guy and loves connecting people!  Maybe I'll forward that whiskey bottle from Jojo to Shiva!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    @Andrew S.

    Check out Baboudjian Properties and speak to Jack. It's the one property management company that I deal with that's very responsive. Keep in mind that I'm an agent and not a tenant so I'm unsure of how responsive they are when it comes to tenants but their Yelp page would suggest they do things the right way.  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · West Hollywood, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Archie Robb, appreciate the quick response.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 523 posts · 476 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Andrew S.:

    Hi there, 

    I'm an HOA member of a 50 unit condo building in West Hollywood. We're in the market for a new property company, and I would love any recommendations. Current management is awful and non-responsive. I'd like to compare bids from a few different companies.

    Thanks,

    Andrew

     Hi Andrew - I have a close friend from school whose family are successful landlords in LA (my friend is an executive in the company) and also do PM for lots of properties they don't own, and seem to have built a very strong business around that. I don't know of the top of my head whether your building is the sort of thing they'd handle, but I can ask him if you want, and if so, perhaps you can DM me and you guys can connect to discuss further. Let me know. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Sebastopol, CA · Member since 2019 · 36 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    Hi Andrew,

    It appears I am a little late to the party as you may have already found a new property management co., however you should contact @Kenny Dahill. He is the CEO of Burbz. Essentially it is a property management marketplace for tenants, landlords, and property managers. To avoid misrepresenting this company I copied and pasted an excerpt from there website: 

    "With the Burbz online marketplace, you can submit your property for free and receive proposals from local property managers. Comparing these property management companies is easy since you can see ratings provided by other real estate investors."

    Hope this helps. Kenny is very savvy, but more importantly very approachable. Honestly, as much guidance as he has provided me I owe this guy a bottle of whiskey!

    Good luck in your search!

  • Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 731 votes
    7y

    Wow, thanks @JoJo Tucker for the kind words!  Bottle of whiskey isn't needed, a 6-pack of IPA's will do the job.

    @Andrew S.

    @Andrew S., can you please clarify if you're looking for property management or HOA management? There are settle differences but from my experience a lot of HOA management companies won't do property management. There are some property management companies that will do HOA management. Clear as mud?

    The biggest difference: HOA management don't do leasing or rent collection. The 'tenants' are the owners, or the owner's responsibilities if they rent out the units.  They also don't handle internal maintenance issues, that's the owners responsibility.

    The similarities are related on maintaining the grounds, coordinating vendors, and accounting services.

    @Shiva Bhaskar

    @Shiva Bhaskar has some awesome contacts as well.  He's a great guy and loves connecting people!  Maybe I'll forward that whiskey bottle from Jojo to Shiva!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · West Hollywood, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Kenny Dahill This would be for HOA Management. Individual owners handle the leasing of their units. We don't have many that lease.

  • Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 731 votes
    7y

    @Andrew S., are you still in pursuit of a new HOA Mangement firm? We focus primarily on PM's right now, but I would definitely be willing to help you on this search if you need.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · West Hollywood, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Kenny Dahill yes, still looking. Hoping to transition in June.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.