Los Angeles County Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Hsiang Lo
Votes |
On the market for my first home - Hawthorne vs Torrance

Hsiang Lo
Posted Aug 20 2020, 11:16

Hi everyone! I'm looking at a Hawthorne home 1300 sq ft 3bed 2 bath in a nice neighborhood great location vs a Torrance home 1500 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath corner house also in a great location BUT with one side of the corner being a busy street. Wondering if I should go for the Torrance home due to the great school district or if I should stick with Hawthorne's up and coming status. Anybody have any insight regarding Hawthorne's school district? The Torrance home is priced lower than the Hawthorne home due to the fact that it is on a corner with one side of it being a busy street.

Torrance home has some decent upgrades (roof, ac, electrical panels, flooring, and cheap bathroom/cabinet upgrades). Hawthorne home only has kitchen upgrades (cabinets and granite countertop, which was done probably within the last 2 years and already has an outdated look to it, with no transitional/modern style design). No AC for the Hawthorne home. Lot Sq ft is 500 sq ft bigger in Torrance home.

My gut tells me the Torrance one is better because it's priced lower. But I wanted to ask the folks of BP that has insight into these two cities in LA.

Loading replies...