Looking for long term relationship Contractor

Looking for long term relationship Contractor

Member since 2021 路 4 posts 路 1 vote

Hi BP fam!

My partner and I are pre-approved to buy a SFR in San Diego and want to utilize this forum to help find contractors willing to do pre-purchase inspections and ultimately talk strategy on either a rehab or an ADU conversion we are wanting to begin right away as soon as we close in the next 30 days or so.

My partner and I will be investing in the San Diego area for quite some time so any contractors looking to establish a long term relationship are welcome to reach out or have their information sent my way.

Happy Holidays!


- Bret

1Reply
36 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2021 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    4y

    @Bret Birney

    Hi there!

    I have a great contractor that I've been working with for the past year.

    Best attributes :

    -honest

    -involved

    -no BS

    Now, I have to warn you about ADU life as I'm still working on mine. This is a loooooong process. My ADU was permitted in Dec 2020, and is not finished due to many, many tidbits and delays on this and that. I have to say though, a good contractor can pull you through the tough times and keep you excited for a year plus.

    Please DM me for his contact info. I don't want to have him lose focus on my place. 馃槈

    I'm in North Park if you want to have a beer sometime.

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2016 路 4k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Bret Birney - I'm in Chicago so can't specifically help you in San Diego, but I'd find out who's super active in the San Diego BP community and network with them.  Once you find a decent contractor, oftentimes they know other good sub-trades as well

    Also, if there are any local meetups in San Diego, I'd look to network with the hosts and see if they know anyone good.  My partner @Brandon Passley moved out to the area, but I am unsure if he has connected with anyone good yet.

  • Member since 2021 路 4 posts 路 1 vote
    4y

    Thank you for the information!

  • Member since 2022 路 17 posts 路 10 votes
    4y

    Hey Bret, have you tried asking your realtor/real estate agent. Often times they know good contractors. You definitely want to find someone who you have a good feeling about. Good luck on the ADU hunt. The city is slow right now, but they are doing them. I'm currently working on a couple of plan sets.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.