Prostitutes parking cars with clients on property

Prostitutes parking cars with clients on property

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 13 votes

The past month I’ve been recently having an issue with prostitutes bringing clients onto my property in the clients’ cars and doing their business. My property is in city heights and has an alley in the back where I have garages and a concrete pad in front of the garage doors. It’s been happening during broad daylight, sometimes a couple times a week or even multiple times a day. We have lights back there and have already filed police reports identifying the cars. We haven’t been able to get the police to show up because it hasn’t been immediate threat although when asked to move, they told my tenant “mind your own business and you’ll live longer”. 

What are my best options here?  I am going to install cameras to keep records. I’m going to upgrade the gates to secure my property from the alley. In the meantime we’ll put cones on the concrete but I have a feeling that’ll have minimal impact. The alley and the concrete pad are both narrow (you have to parallel park on the pad). We could put a gate in front of the garage but it would likely be on or over the property line and would make getting out of the garages really inconvenient. My tenants also like to park in those spots. An intermediate option is to have posts with chains that might deter them from parking there. I just want my tenants to feel safe on the property. Thanks in advance!

1Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

You need at least a 25% cut.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Dude that sucks make signs that the area is being recorded. Also take license plate numbers. 

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    That’s very annoying! I feel like cameras and signs are the best option. SDPD is a big department, so I feel like they would not respond unless if there is a threat… such as you living longer if you don’t mind your own business. Good luck. 

  • Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    You need at least a 25% cut.

  • Mark B.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2012 · 212 posts · 64 votes
    5y

    @Mark Huang

    Make a sign printed with the website that the photos and videos are posted of all non-tenants. State that you are cross referencing the license plate and are sending pictures to the registered address.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.