San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
We're in the process of getting our business set up -- we've got the LLC registered and have our EIN, so now it's time to create a bank account. A couple of questions:
Our lawyer recommended we go with a local bank rather than one of the big guys. I think I've heard this on the podcast as well, on the idea that small local banks are more cooperative than big banks. Does this match people's experience?
I asked my credit union about setting up a business account but they only handle personal. They recommended Comerica. Any experience with Comerica, and/or recommendations for other banks?
Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Most realtors do not entertain preapproval letters or loan brokers from out of the area. Many only deal with name lenders and persons they know who can close on time.
HSBC, State Bank of India(San Jose), East West lenders are the exceptions. You can have banking for down payment with which ever bank who is a member of FDIC. Many use their investment firm checks.