Coachella Valley market

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Eastvale, CA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 17 votes
10y

@Brent Seehusen

Three of the four houses we purchased were abandoned or distressed in one form or another.  Vacant houses are subject to getting the Air Conditioner Condenser ripped off.   Once we fixed up the houses and put in new AC units, we did not have any problems.  If the house is already vacant and appears trashed then it draws in the copper thieves. Once it's fixed up and looks nice then people leave it alone. 

We have not had any crime problems at any of our houses once we fixed them up and got a tenant in place. Our Realtor knows the areas to stay away from.  Ironically, the area just around the downtown is not a good area.  North of Mission Lakes is very desirable.  There are even houses that cost more $500,000 and even $800,000 in the area.

We recently found a great neighborhood called Del Oro. Near Mission Lakes and West street. It is definitely the nicest neighborhood in DHS other than the Country Club. We looked at houses in the Country Club but the HOA fees are very high. We would have to get a fantastic deal to justify a Rental.

The crime seems to concentrate in the apartments around and just south of the downtown.  More businesses are moving in and the area is getting better all the time.  Also, ironic is the fact that land and housing prices are shooting up because of the Marijuana farming that has been approved for DHS and Coachella Valley.  Look it up on the news sites.  Land has quadrupled in the last few months.  We think it's going to be next Palm Desert or maybe even Palm Springs.  

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • General Contractor · Palm Desert, CA · Member since 2016 · 193 posts · 79 votes
    7y

    Hi Chris,

    I'm a contractor / investor in Palm Desert. I would love to connect with you.

    Thanks,

    Mike Evans

  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    "I'm going to COACHELLLLLA!!" - stupid rich teens posting on social media

    @Michael Evans Have you been to the festival? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Indio, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I am located in Indio CA, home of Coachella Music Festivals. If anyone is looking to sell multiple SFR homes within the Coachella Valley, let me know so we can negotiate a multi-unit deal.

    I also specialise in rental properties in Desert Hot Springs. I have seen that city along with the rest of the Coachella Valley grow since 1986.

  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2016 · 103 posts · 29 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Israel Hernandez:

    I am located in Indio CA, home of Coachella Music Festivals. If anyone is looking to sell multiple SFR homes within the Coachella Valley, let me know so we can negotiate a multi-unit deal.

    I also specialise in rental properties in Desert Hot Springs. I have seen that city along with the rest of the Coachella Valley grow since 1986.

    You're specifically looking for a portfolio sale? I may have a seller I can connect you with. DM me and let me know more about what you're looking for specifically.  

  • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Israel Hernandez, I’d like to connect. I’m looking at DHS for possible RE investing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.