New Haven, CT - A great place to invest.

New Haven, CT - A great place to invest.

Real Estate Broker · Orange, CT · Member since 2013 · 951 posts · 218 votes

I sell a lot of Distressed, REO (Bank Owned / Foreclosure) properties in New Haven, CT.

It's a great city once you've spent enough time around different areas and get comfortable.  I encourage everyone to invest in New Haven, CT.

I hope to see this New Haven, CT form grow! ..

5Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
10y

@James Colon, with most major cities/urban centers, it depends on the area of New Haven. Fair Haven Heights, Quinnipiac Meadows, Westville are my favorites.

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    What do the numbers look like on your deals?

  • Real Estate Broker · Orange, CT · Member since 2013 · 951 posts · 218 votes
    10y

    I sell most of my investment properties to Buy & Hold Cash Buyers.  Most of the numbers wouldn't  work for flips.

    Recently in New Haven, CT ..

    1. 4 Unit: Sold $77k
    2. 6 Unit: Sold $167k
    3. Commercial (Grocery Store): Sold $120k
    4. SFR: Sold $110k
    5. SFR: Sold $61k
    6. Condo: Sold $66.5k
  • Investor · Newton, MA · Member since 2016 · 84 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    Hi Phil, I might be interested to invest in your market. Keep me in the loop on your feedback on the local market and possible deals.
  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    @Phil Z. any more commercial deals like that grocery store?

  • Real Estate Broker · Orange, CT · Member since 2013 · 951 posts · 218 votes
    10y

    I have a property in Bridgeport coming up with a grocery store, 3 apartments and a large parking lot, but I dont have a price yet.   Also they are more corner-store / mini-marts.

  • Contractor · Bridgeport, CT · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    great to see someone in my market doing well. 

  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 14 votes
    10y
    Hi Phil Z. , My parents live in that area so I have been considering looking into what kind of opportunities there are around New Haven. Would love to connect to hear your thoughts and experiences. Best, James
  • Investor · Wakefield, MA · Member since 2016 · 107 posts · 71 votes
    10y

    Hey @Phil Z., ever have any luck with anything in the East Rock area? 

  • Accountant · Mahopac, NY · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi Phil Z are the crime rates in new haven low? I would be interested in looking at any of the properties you have as long as the crime rates are not high.

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    @James Colon, with most major cities/urban centers, it depends on the area of New Haven. Fair Haven Heights, Quinnipiac Meadows, Westville are my favorites.

  • Accountant · Mahopac, NY · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Jacqueline, Thank you for the information. I will follow up accordingly.

  • New Haven, CT · Member since 2016 · 90 posts · 99 votes
    10y

    Hi James, New Haven is still not the nicest of places, although the crime has declined pretty steadily over the past 5 years. There was just a shooting across the street from me this morning on Church Street, but I guess like Jacqueline said it's normal in most cities (New Haven being the worst for a long time). They are starting to board up those projects and hopefully relocate those people to somewhere else. Although if Yale University weren't here, this place would be a Detroit, or bad side of Chicago. 

    It's unfortunate because New Haven has some extremely nice restaurants and attractions.

    Years and years of democratic policies has destroyed our great state of CT, and now it appears for every 1 person moving into CT something like 6-7 are leaving. 

    High taxes, big companies moving out and declining home sale prices even though home sales were extremely higher for 2015. We need some new conservative leadership in order for things to make a jump here. Governor Malloy has killed this state. 

    Be happy to help you out, as I have lived here for 28 years.

    Matt

  • Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 25 votes
    10y
    Super super super high property tax there; however, with a ton of college campuses within a stones throw you will have a constant rental base. Unfortunately, that base is young, with high turnover every year. Business is leaving in droves and relocating to more tax friendly areas like South Carolina and Texas. I love Conn (went to school in New Haven) and hope the politicians produce more incentive for businesses to stay.
  • Real Estate Agent · West Columbia, SC · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @Michael Perreira 3 cheers for SC! Come on! I love it here

    2 hours to the beach.

    2 hours to the mountains. 

    you get 4 different and distinct seasons. 

    Summer is hot and humid, you have been warned. 

    You can be convenient to multiple hwys, I'm 5 minutes from 2, 10 minutes away from a third. 

  • Accountant · Mahopac, NY · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Everyone, Thanks for all of the advise. Appreciated.

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 27 votes
    9y
    Phil Z. Thanks for the post! I'm at Philadelphia based investor looking to get my feet wet in new New Haven. I would love to talk further with you in depth. Are there any real estate Association's that you would recommend joining?
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 70 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    New to BP, but lot of experience as a resident for many years in New haven, and I love the area. Looking for some buy and hold options, if anyone has some advice, I know the city well and have some ideas, but would love to get some quality advice and perhaps partner with someone for a first buy and hold deal..

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I work in New Haven.  Would be interested in hearing more about any possible opportunities

  • Rental Property Investor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Phil Z. Hey Phil, I’m looking into properties in new haven, can we please connect so I can view some of your listings. Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.