Jacksonville Neighborhoods - Arlington vs Saint Johns County

Jacksonville Neighborhoods - Arlington vs Saint Johns County

Jersey City , NJ · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes

heya!

my husband and I are looking to purchase our first investment property OOS and are having a hard time narrowing down on neighborhoods. We're looking to buy and hold- we both have full-time jobs and will be hiring a PM. 

We were in touch with JWB real estate for a turnkey property in Arlington but realized that we could get properties in nicer areas like Saint Johns County or Baymeadows with great schools around for a little more. 

Any advice on which route we should go ? 

Thanks in advance.

Rushda

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Jacksonville Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 4 votes
6y

Rushda,

If the numbers in St. John’s work, I would highly suggest buying a home here instead of Arlington. Better schools, quality of tenants, appreciation, etc.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jacksonville Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Rushda,

    If the numbers in St. John’s work, I would highly suggest buying a home here instead of Arlington. Better schools, quality of tenants, appreciation, etc.

  • Investor · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Hey Rushda,

    I agree with Chris. You can't go wrong with St. Johns. 

  • Investor · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    My apologies...Christian, not Chris. 

  • Jersey City , NJ · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    thanks @christiandennis @benpileggi

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Rushda Hakim

    Arlington

    High crime, old houses, no appreciation, horrible schools

    St John's County

    No crime, new houses, crazy appreciation, best schools in the state.

  • Jersey City , NJ · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    wow @Mark Fries ! thats a clear response there ! THANK YOU 

    We are exclusively looking at St Johns now. When you say crazy appreciation what % are you talking about ? We are worried about it not appreciating too much since its already a great fully developed area 

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Rushda Hakim

    I don't know the exact percentage but I know it's really good

  • Investor · Rota, Spain · Member since 2019 · 156 posts · 68 votes
    6y

    I grew up in St Johns county and I am currently in the process to close on my second rental in St. Johns. It has the best schools in Florida, and is where many people want to move into in Jacksonville.  If yal have any questions. Just PM me. 

  • Jersey City , NJ · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Dimitri Paspalaris thank you ! PM'ed you 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.