Central Florida Meet up?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
10y

I don't know about BP but there is two investor groups in the Orlando area, CFRI and GOREIA. I have been a member of CFRI and GOREIA. I like GOREIA alot better because it is smaller and the training is better and cheaper than CFRI.

See this reply in the discussion

72 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    I don't know about BP but there is two investor groups in the Orlando area, CFRI and GOREIA. I have been a member of CFRI and GOREIA. I like GOREIA alot better because it is smaller and the training is better and cheaper than CFRI.

  • Deltona, FL · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi Megan Aldridge! No BP meet up that I know of but I'm from the Volusia Co. area and I attend a meet up called Nerd Night held every other Tuesday in Orlando. Look up Richard Rutledge on FB and ask for details he runs the group.

  • Investor-Realtor · Sanford, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Account Closed....Nerd Night sounds interesting!  Will look into it! 

    Anyone think we should INITIATE a BP Meet-up in the Central Florida area?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    Sure why not!

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I would LOVE to be a part of a BP Meetup group. www.meetup.com starts at $9.99 per month, but honestly I could easily see the group going beyond 50 members very quickly so it might be better to go with the $14.99 unlimited members option. I'd be willing to chip in on this. There's a couple of central florida meetup groups on there (besides CFRI and GOREIA) that try to get people to sign up for some kind of pyramid scheme thing... so I think a REAL investing meetup group would be great!

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    We don't need that. We can just schedule it right here.

  • Investor-Realtor · Sanford, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    I was thinking we could start with a very informal, casual social/networking activity....like meet-up for drinks at a local coffee shop or something like that.  As interest/size grows we can tweak things....thoughts?

  • Investor · Bushnell, FL · Member since 2016 · 456 posts · 224 votes
    10y

    I would love to see one in Clermont area for investors like me who live 1hr from Orlando where as Clermont is about 35 mins from me and about the same from Orlando , depending on where your at there. . It's not that I won't drive to Orlando but Im sure I would go more often the closer it is. I just know there's not a lot of options that doesn't require a 1hr plus drive from my area of Central Fl.  And I thought Clermont was a good midway point for those in Orlando and those in Inverness, Bushnell, spring hill, Brooksville, Leesburg  ..ect..  

    I realize that the group might be a bit smaller but sometimes that's better. 

    If there are enough people interested than I will go forward and scout out a meeting place. .  

  • Investor · Bushnell, FL · Member since 2016 · 456 posts · 224 votes
    10y

    After looking at a map, maybe somewhere near Mt Dora even ?  

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    I just checked and BP has a section to set up meetings notification. Once we establish a date, time and location we can use that service to notify other BP members. 

  • Investor-Realtor · Sanford, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    We could also change up locations from meet-up to meet-up.  Central Florida can be a pain the neck to get from one end to the other, so we could rotate North/South/East/West so that no one is consistently driving to other side of the world overtime.  Thanks @Account Closed for offering to scout out.  We should pick a place not too noisy so we can reasonable get to know what everyone is up to and start building relationships.  What's the consensus about day vs. evening meet up time?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    Because many of you have full time jobs it is best to do it at night.

  • Investor · Bushnell, FL · Member since 2016 · 456 posts · 224 votes
    10y

    I'm good with anytime but evenings are probably better for the masses , depending on how my meeting goes today I might be spending a lot of time in Tampa area. But I would drive to Orlando for the meetings . I have got to say joining BP has been a life changer for me. The people and contacts I've met just in over a month has been incredible .. So I would love to meet more in person . How soon do you all want to try to get things rolling ? Should we schedule it out a month from now or 2-3 weeks ? So more people can put it on thier calander. Also should we limit it to just BP members and their guests ? So many questions ... Lol .. 

  • Investor · Bushnell, FL · Member since 2016 · 456 posts · 224 votes
    10y

    I'm fine with letting Stephen kinda make some of these choices , I thnkink he has the most experiance thus far .. What do you think Stephen? 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    Probably at least a month in advance and not on nights CFRI or GOREIA meet.

  • Maitland, FL · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Would love to attend the meetings. I'm a CFRI member myself and would second doing it on a night that CFRI or GOREIA have no scheduled events. I'm in the Maitland/Winter Park area and volunteer to scout a location in this area if it benefits the group.

  • Wholesaler · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    If you guys go through with this please send me an invite! Would love to meet you all in person and bounce ideas.
  • Investor-Realtor · Sanford, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    So evenings for sure then. @Account Closed is exactly right about making sure we don't interfere with the REIAs and plenty of time to plan ahead so we can get a meaty turnout.  Sounds like we should do this!  I'm in Sanford, Dirk is in Oviedo, Stephen is in Orlando, Michael is from Bushnell and Mr. Chapman wants to come from Tampa...lol where do we start? 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    I suggest we do this in the Orlando area. It seems to be central to most of us.

  • Casselberry, FL · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I agree with Steve, with a month advance to the meet up, anywhere in Orlando should be fairly accessible. I would be very interested in a casual meet up to build some more relationships. There are a few coffee spots around the area that are pretty low traffic in the evenings. Let me know if you all need help with any of the logistics.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    So let's set up a day and time. The last day CFRI has meetings is Sept 15. GOREIA's monthly meeting is Sept. 22. So any day besides these will work. How about Wed Sept 21 or 28? Let's start with a day first then fine tune it to a time and location. I don't expect everybody to meet at the same day and time, but let's see who can attend what dates.

  • Wholesaler · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    LETS SET UP A MEET UP IN CENTRA FL.

    WHO IS DOWN?

  • Wholesaler · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    I would definitely go Mr. Anderson.

  • Insurance Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 297 posts · 122 votes
    10y

    I would be available either of those dates. Let me know if you need help coordinating. I look forward to meeting you guys!

  • Windermere, FL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I would be interested in this too!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.