Quality Property Management Companies Outside Atlanta

Quality Property Management Companies Outside Atlanta

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 163 posts · 57 votes

Looking for quality property management companies that work around a 50ish mile radius from Atlanta. Any recommendations on which companies I should be interviewing?

Thanks!

1Reply
25 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Clarkston, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hi Steven, An asside, its always a good idea to be a member of the local REIAs. REI is where more experience hangs.

    All PM is local.  PMs have their contractors etc that won't travel too far so you need to find local PMs per each area you need them.  

    The best ideal is to call local rental ads.  1/2 will be PMs.  Learn how to screen a PM over the phone and from how they manage the ad and seeing the property.   Secret call as if an applicant.

    The areas of potential problem are contractor / fixing markups.   On turn over do they have a min turn over charge?  I've heard of $2k fix up on turn over. (GAK!).   Can you do your own turn over fix up?

    I repeat for others;   home365 is not up to the task of PM.  I have 1 door of my 30 with them.  Maintenance requests go weeks without even a call back to the tenant and more.  Nice folks, but their system is under sized.   I've largely taken back maintenance since the tenant and I ended up hooking up so he contacts me direct now.  A septic back up was called back 2 weeks after the emergency maint request.  ;(

    Covid has caused sever staff shortages and the world goig nutz fixing their own homes has sucked up all the contractors.   Very difficult to run a PM's contractor staff these days!!

    Good luck.

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 683 posts · 317 votes
    4y

    Solution property management is good

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.