Tyler Perry + Fort McPhereson = Big Things for Southern ATL?

Tyler Perry + Fort McPhereson = Big Things for Southern ATL?

Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes

Hey BP Friends!

I got a quick question I would like to get some feedback on. Tyler Perry just bought Fort McPherson and there are talks of him bringing a substantial amount of jobs to the area. 

What are the groups thoughts of investing in the 30310 zip code? Getting in while the prices are still pretty low. Holding on while those 5000 (potential) jobs bring skilled workers and hopefully increase the local home values. Its not a secret that these neighborhoods can be a little rough. 

Thoughts?

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Newnan, GA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
10y

Glad I could help. I'll definitely share any insights tomorrow :)

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    I don't think Fort McPherson is in 30310 . Isn't it more around East Point?

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    Perhaps access wise. But I was just looking at google maps for the address :). We'll say, investing "local" to this area.

  • Real Estate Agent · Newnan, GA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hey Sam! I'm under contract on my first rental property in the Colonial Hills neighborhood of East Point on the south side of Ft. Mac. I was looking for good cashflow in at least a C neighborhood, plus the potential appreciation with the redevelopment projects in planning stages right now.  You can check out the progress here -- http://fortmaclra.com.

    There is actually a meeting tomorrow night, 11/17 at 6:30pm , to focus on creating design concepts for future development in the Oakland City / Fort McPherson Study Area. Participants will work in groups with design professionals to sketch out redevelopment ideas. I'm planning on stopping by, direct message me if you want to meet up!

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    Hey Tori! This is exactly what I was looking for! I actually don't live in the area. My parents live in Stockbridge so I come down occasionally which is why I'm familiar. If you could please bring back any insight you gained while at that meeting that would be fantastic! 

    I'm speaking with my local realtor in that area to get his opinions on the developments that are going on out there. Depending on how that conversation goes, I am be looking at picking up something small before the building begins. 

    Thanks!

  • RE Investor · Newnan, GA · Member since 2015 · 309 posts · 132 votes
    10y

    @Sam Valme It will be interesting to see how the Fort McPherson project will impact the area. The beltline is already increasing values and I believe will continue to increase value. 

    PM if you are interested in properties in 30310. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Newnan, GA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Glad I could help. I'll definitely share any insights tomorrow :)

  • Sterling WhitePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 554 posts · 153 votes
    10y

    @Sam Valme I am not familiar with this location however I do look at similar trends such as this one in areas in my market. 

    Besides this purchase by Tyler Perry are there any other anchors in the location or even city plans to revitalize surrounding neighborhoods?   

    These are a couple things to take into consideration. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Newnan, GA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Here's the new proposed zoning.

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes
    10y
    Hey Sterling White , those are good questions! Hopefully Tori Hansen may have some insight after the meeting ;) . I'm waiting to hear back from my realtor on this idea as well . I want to gain as much insight on the areas plan. In short my hopes are this. actors = facilities for actors to work = facility workers = increase in current retail to shop = retail workers. On the homes/land I would squire I'd be catering to the middle and later end of the spectrum.
  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes
    10y
    Thanks Tori Hansen ! And request sent Rush Wall .
  • Douglasville, GA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hi @Sam Valme what is the latest update on 

    Tyler Perry + Fort McPhereson
  • Real Estate Investor · San jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    Hey, I was wondering if folks on this thread know of any updates to the Fort McPherson development?

    Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.