College Student looking to get involved in Real Estate

College Student looking to get involved in Real Estate

Student · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello!

I'm currently a student, studying in Atlanta, GA at Georgia Tech. I realized at one point that my greatest asset is time, and I want to exploit this asset in real estate. Of course, I do not have huge amounts of cash being a student, but I should graduate nearly debt free.

Being in Atlanta, I find it particularly difficult to get started on my own, so I looking to shadow or work alongside an Atlanta investor! I really want to learn more about the industry, and meeting with successful individuals is the best way to learn. 

If anyone would be interested to speak with me, please comment below or connect with me. I'd love to meet up for lunch some time soon!

Thanks!

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Cameron TopePro Member
Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

Try to add value first and build a relationship. You don't ask a girl to bed the first time you talk to her. Same goes for a mentor. It's a relationship and should be mutually beneficial for both parties.

Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cameron TopePro Member
    Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Try to add value first and build a relationship. You don't ask a girl to bed the first time you talk to her. Same goes for a mentor. It's a relationship and should be mutually beneficial for both parties.

    Best of luck!

  • Wholesaler · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    hello,

    I am a local investor in the Atlanta market fairly new to the market have closed a few deals. looking to team up with newbies and learn and grow using new and modern techniques. We are trying to build a totally virtual platform where phone calls are only performed on a as needed basis. Let me know if you'd like to learn more and grow together for I know I am always looking for new ppl to add value too. I'm Embry.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 627 posts · 374 votes
    9y

    Keep my information @Christopher A York, it's possible I may hire another acquisitions associate or someone to assist elsewhere in our companies next year.  

    Getting into this business is much easier than people think.  You've already taken the first steps, now your next best thing is to follow though and be persistent.  Seriously, do both!! Don't listen to the nay sayers, they'll only bring you down.  Also, don't go out expecting everyone will give you a ton of info if you aren't bringing them value, so bring a solution to an investors problem or assist and they'll likely tell you more than you expect.

    Best of luck sir!  

  • Investor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 313 posts · 207 votes
    9y

    Try GAREIA and AtlantaREIA for networking so you can meet other investors of various skill sets. There are several local meet ups also. There a lot of good investors in Atlanta that are happy to share their experiences. Good luck and feel free to pm me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.