Atlanta Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Mark Romano
Votes |
What are Atlanta's best/worst neighborhoods

Mark Romano
Posted May 9 2019, 06:54

Hey guys, so like many others I'm very interested in this Atlanta market. I however am having some trouble differentiating the good areas from the "war-zones". I guess I've heard, as a rule of thumb, not to buy anything in close proximity to the airport, as well as to stay away from SW ATL. It seems as though the areas south of I20 and west of I85 are experiencing a "revival"... Oakland City, Venetian Hills, Bush Mountain, etc. all appear to be great places to invest. I've also read how terrible College Park, Forest Park, and Hapeville are, however at a glance look much more inviting than other areas (north of I20) such as English Ave, Bankhead, Grove Park, Vine City, and Just Us. Am I getting bad intel?

I could use some help.

I'm looking at areas around Oakland City, Venetian Hills, English Park, Bush Mountain, Cascade Ave. as well as Mableton, Stone Mountain, Decatur, and Austell.

Are College Park, Forest Park, Hapeville, East Point viable options for someone who is unwilling to invest in C/ (war-zone) areas?

Loading replies...