Best Custodial Companies for Self-Directed IRA

Best Custodial Companies for Self-Directed IRA

Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 4 votes

I am in the process of looking for MF (two-three unit) turnkey properties in Chicago or Dallas. I am looking to turn my 401k and roll it over to a custodian (Self Directed IRA) similar to Crowdfund IRA, Equity Trust etc. to invest into a property. Can anybody recommend a custodial companies that typically deal with real estate investors?

1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Merrillville, IN · Member since 2009 · 252 posts · 104 votes
5y

Hi @Jomar Edwin Benoit, I'm from Chicago and currently living in NW Indiana. I recently setup an account with a company called Directed IRA. The CEO is Matt Sorensen. He's an attorney as well as a business partner with Mark Kohler. Not sure if you know about them but they're attorneys as well as investors and accountants. Plus most of their clients are real estate investors. Setting up my account was really simple plus they have reps who can assist you and answer any questions that you would have. Here's their website - https://directedira.com/. Let’s connect and see if we can work together at some point. Hope This Helps 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Merrillville, IN · Member since 2009 · 252 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    Hi @Jomar Edwin Benoit, I'm from Chicago and currently living in NW Indiana. I recently setup an account with a company called Directed IRA. The CEO is Matt Sorensen. He's an attorney as well as a business partner with Mark Kohler. Not sure if you know about them but they're attorneys as well as investors and accountants. Plus most of their clients are real estate investors. Setting up my account was really simple plus they have reps who can assist you and answer any questions that you would have. Here's their website - https://directedira.com/. Let’s connect and see if we can work together at some point. Hope This Helps 

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Jomar Edwin Benoit - I really like mid-land IRA. If you pm me I can provide some contact info.

    I am also am in Chicago and could potentially assist on some turnkey properties.

  • Crystal SmithPro Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    My business partner had been with Equity Trust for years but finally got frustrated because they did not move fast enough & he lost out on some deals because of their lack of speed.  He now splits his $ between Midland Trust and Broad Financial. He really likes Broad because it's a Checkbook IRA. We know the VP at Midland if you'd like a connection.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 203 posts · 119 votes
    5y

    @Jomar Edwin Benoit I have Equity Trust. They are good.

  • Lender · Work: Wheaton IL Live: Hoffman Estates, IL · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    IRACLUB is local in Chicago.  I've met Dennis the President of the company.  Great guy and knows his stuff.  Happy to make intro if you would like.  

    www.iraclub.org
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.