HELP: Fountain Square/Mapleton FC VS Lawrence/Speedway

HELP: Fountain Square/Mapleton FC VS Lawrence/Speedway

Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 82 votes

I am wondering if the more knowledge Indy investors could provide some insights.  Taking into consideration local government efforts, milennials lifestyle, and ongoing trends.  Where would you invest if you were just starting out.  Also with the knowledge you will be posted back overseas in about 2 years and likely not return to Indy.  My issue is selecting the location to invest - the more I learn about Indy the more complex the decision is becoming.   Am I too late to the Fountain Square/Mapleton FC area?  I was also looking to invest outside the 465 loop; specifically, in Lawrence/Speedway areas, however, the possibility added bonus of appreciation closer to the city, in FC and MFC is really alluring.  Welcome comments, suggestions, directions on post or PM.

0Reply
5 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 557 votes
    9y

    I personally prefer the post war built [1945 & newer] SFH that rent for over $700 per month.

    This will get you out of down town.  Yes, there are still possibilities there but I don't like the old homes and their higher CapX.

    Speedway, Lawrence, Beechgrove, Southport, etc are all great areas - IMHO

    Most properties managers feel the same way about these areas and you won't have any problem finding someone to manage the assets in these areas.

    Of course, these areas are not overrun with millennials.  If you really want that group as your core demographic, then you'll need to be down town - and if you do end up focusing on that area, you need to talk to @Ryan Mullin & @Ashley Mullin at FS Houses - they do a great job in that arena.

    I hope that helps.

  • Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Shawn Holsapple :)  I believe one of our agents is helping him out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.