In Search of Big Cardboard Boxes for Landscaping

In Search of Big Cardboard Boxes for Landscaping

Columbia, MD · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 21 votes

Can anyone please DM me if you have large cardboard boxes to dispose? (I'm thinking like if you've just done a big rehab with appliances or something.) My wife and I want to kill replace our patchy grass with MD-native groundcovers. To do this, my wife wants to blanket the yard in cardboard and "sheet-mulch" it to prep it for the groundcover.

We're in Columbia.

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    5y

    Why not talk to a big box store, appliance store or grocery store?  Chances are they'd leave them out back for you to pick up at a prearranged time.  Lots of them also have bins (that are locked) for cardboard recycling.

  • Columbia, MD · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Theresa Harris, we have. I posted here to cover all our bases.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.